Civil PE looking for job in Charlotte, NC

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a Civil Engineer with 8 years experience and NC PE license looking for a job in the Charlotte, NC area. Can send resume and references upon request.
Thanks
Quick search of my company's job listing only returns one hit. Don't know if its interesting to you or not given your experience.

External Job Title : Environmental Engineer

Position Type : Full-time

State : North Carolina

City : Charlotte

Minimum Requirements : BS in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or Environmental engineering. Entry level position.

Job Description : Individual will assist with air permitting, environmental compliance, and sustainability projects. The anticipated technical projects include air emissions calculations, air permit application development and compliance support, environmental compliance and spill plan development, environmental reporting, stormwater permit support, and greenhouse gas inventory development. Candidate must have a working knowledge of MS Office type applications.

Quick search of my company's job listing only returns one hit. Don't know if its interesting to you or not given your experience.
External Job Title : Environmental Engineer

Position Type : Full-time

State : North Carolina

City : Charlotte

Minimum Requirements : BS in Mechanical, Civil, Chemical, or Environmental engineering. Entry level position.

Job Description : Individual will assist with air permitting, environmental compliance, and sustainability projects. The anticipated technical projects include air emissions calculations, air permit application development and compliance support, environmental compliance and spill plan development, environmental reporting, stormwater permit support, and greenhouse gas inventory development. Candidate must have a working knowledge of MS Office type applications.
Looks interesting - Im not entry level tho. I have have mostly land development experience, but I know nobody in that industry is hiring. I can email you my resume if you want.

A bit of hope for the land development, but things should turn around by 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2009 according to a lot of our larger clients.

Looks interesting - Im not entry level tho. I have have mostly land development experience, but I know nobody in that industry is hiring. I can email you my resume if you want.
It more a matter of what you want. If you want me to submit it and see what happens, send it on. Its not like we're killing trees, just annoying some electrons. Check your PM.

I posted something about this in the "Job Status" thread, but just in case you didn't see it...

You may want to check American Public Works Association for something. They've got a job board that, last time I looked, had quite a few listings in the Carolinas. That board got me a couple interviews including one in Raleigh and a job offer in Pittsburgh.

Back