Charlotte Airport-What to do

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do own one of these:

airport_tent.jpg

We can all just take naps.
Occupy Charlotte Airport!
We had enough of those folks last week, we don't want them back!!

Six hour lay-overs during the day at CLT are nothing to worry about! Try spending 12 hours in Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) from 6pm to 7am... And the airport is so dirty, even the cockroaches carry hand sanitizer.

I think the hubby had a 4 day layover in Kuwait back in 2008... I very much remember pictures of some Army guys eating MRE's at a picnic table during that layover...

I have had a few layovers in NC, and always take the opportunity to get some Carolina BBQ at the food court... a must try CSB... it's awesome!!!

I like airport food courts...it's my chance to tempt fate before I get on the plane.

I'm pretty sure MRE's wouldn't make it through US airport security. However, if we bring the mini-tent and MREs, no one will bother us, because we'll look like a unibomber family.

They most definitely belong in the same sentence, but only if they are also used to describe the aftermath of a Fudgey story...

^The indigestion caused by a three-pack of zingers with a 20oz Coke chaser kept me awake on more than a few midnight shifts back in the day.

I love gas station hot dogs. There was a BP in Sumter that had world class dogs for a buck.

The Circle K on my way to work has 2 for $1 every so often. Yeah, they've probably stayed on the rollers for a while, but damn they're good.

I like gas station hot dogs... the ones at the mini-malls on post are awesome!
I like gas station hot dogs too....
I love gas station hot dogs. There was a BP in Sumter that had world class dogs for a buck.
The Circle K on my way to work has 2 for $1 every so often. Yeah, they've probably stayed on the rollers for a while, but damn they're good.
You know what those things are made from don'tcha?

greatoutdoors-grill-autog.jpg

Back to the original subject, my wife flew out to DC early this morning and had a layover in Charlotte. She asked me before she left, what is there to do there to kill a couple of hours? I'm not sure if we blew her mind or completely wierded her out over the fact we had been discussing it here...

2 hours isn't bad depending on the airport. It all depends on how security is laid out. If once you go past the checkpoint you can wander the whole airport, it's not bad. If you are limited just to your set of gates it is awful.

I had a 3.5 hour layover in Detroit recently. It's a big airport, I walked around a lot. Stopped for a pint of beer here, a bite to eat there, etc. It goes by quick enough.

I used to fly out of LaGuardia in my younger days. It sucks, you basically have a Hudson News and a place to eat/drink and about 15 gates once you clear security, and it is miserable.

Back to the original subject, my wife flew out to DC early this morning and had a layover in Charlotte. She asked me before she left, what is there to do there to kill a couple of hours? I'm not sure if we blew her mind or completely wierded her out over the fact we had been discussing it here...
Should have had her do some recon.

Yes, but did she want a hot dog before she left? :eyebrows:

Back