CERM edition

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SummerScene

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm sure there have been discussion about CERM editions. I just wanted to bring it up now that the new 2015 specifications are in effect. I currently have the 11th edition loaned from a friend. I plan to take the exam in October. Is this edition still good for use? Thanks.

Sorry. I apologize now seeing the topic about new vs old edition. If anyone would still like to reply, that would be ok.

SS, it's my opinion that the CERM (which you should think primarily as an AM tool, with maybe a few bonus PM items) is most likely not perfectly in line with the latest NCEES AM (or PM) syllabus. I would say this about your 11th, and the latest 14th. Thus, you have no option (that I know of) to buy a good reference book that is synchronized with the latest NCEES outline. Just do your best with what you have and I think you'll be fine. :)

I would call PPI and ask them! I used my buddy's 13th edition until August and then I bought 14th edition. His was tabbed so I didn't need to tab it but once I got mine; I tabbed mine.

Back