Celtics or Lakers?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdcengineer

Sharp as a piece of beach glass
Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion about the rematch of the 2008 finals? It's Lakers w/ the home-court advantage, but Celts play strong team defense..

Thoughts, opinions, predictions.

Celts in (6)

I'm not a fan of either team, so I don't care, just looking for something entertaining. Though its about time someone else gets a chance at the title. It seems like it's one of these teams or the other every year!

I live in the Boston area though and did try to score tickets, but obviously the tickets went quick, and the mark up on stubhub was insance.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Lakers have been there quite a bit over the years. They have the most finals appearances, but the Celts have the most rings.

Celts won it in 08' but before that it'd been since the late 80's. If your mid 30's or older, it'd seem that these two teams are always in it because of the Magic Johnson, Bird rivalry that went on back in their hay-day.

I agree, I just want excitement and entertainment.

Can't stand either, hate the Lakers more.

Sixers! but they are terrible - I guess Go Lakers but i won't be watching

is Phil jackson still coaching the lakers? His coaching system seems to work no matter what team he is working with. I'd pick his team to win, look what he did for the Bulls in the early 90's.

^ [edit] yes he is

Go Pistons! Ok, Lakers...probably seven games. Kobe needs another ring (Lebron who? ain't he stuck with Shaq?)

Shaq is getting the boot from Cleveland, and hopefully Lebron is too. My Knicks need to be relevant again. Someone needs to give them Mikey's speech from the Goonies.

'Bron ain't a-going anywhere...Shaq needs to stay the hell with all these southern teams that seem to think he's still relevant

is Phil jackson still coaching the lakers? His coaching system seems to work no matter what team he is working with. I'd pick his team to win, look what he did for the Bulls in the early 90's.
Some people might say his coaching system is -

Michael Jordan followed by Kobe Bryant.

In OT.. I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup, I like both teams. Hockey is the "red-headed step child" of North American pro sports. Don't know why?

Some people might say his coaching system is -

Michael Jordan followed by Kobe Bryant.
PJ isn't so much a brilliant tactician as he is an accomplished psychoanalyst in dealing with primadonna elite atheletes. hell, he talks smack about the teams / players he faces just to get into the heads of his opponents. He ripped on Steve Nash (about carrying the ball)...now he's ripping on Garnett for being overly physical of a player.

In OT.. I don't care who wins the Stanley Cup, I like both teams. Hockey is the "red-headed step child" of North American pro sports. Don't know why?
Not really. It's the red-headed stepchild of US sports. It's pretty damned popular in Canada.
that's for sure. there are only 6 americans on the blackhawks (just considering players, not coaches)

Back