Casio fx-115 ES Complex Numbers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cbinla

Reaction score
I bought a Casio FX-115 ES a while ago and i'm now trying to get familiar with it. I'm using complex number mode and seem to be able to do operations on complex numbers in both cartesian and polar form. However I get an error when I type this expression (exactly)

(-60<10)/(-2+.011667i- 80i)=

Can't I mix polar and cartesian numbers?

Thanks

If it's anything like the fx-115MS model then yes you can mix the polar and rectangular coordinates in an equation, but I think your problem may lie in that the "60" cannot be negative (since thats the magnitude/length of the vector)

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyway to put a complex number into a matrix? (+/-/0 sequence calculations)

Ive played around with it and really doubt you can combine the two modes.

I bought a Casio FX-115 ES a while ago and i'm now trying to get familiar with it. I'm using complex number mode and seem to be able to do operations on complex numbers in both cartesian and polar form. However I get an error when I type this expression (exactly)(-60<10)/(-2+.011667i- 80i)=

Thanks
Try to enter it like this : -(60<10)/(....)=

I bought a Casio FX-115 ES a while ago and i'm now trying to get familiar with it. I'm using complex number mode and seem to be able to do operations on complex numbers in both cartesian and polar form. However I get an error when I type this expression (exactly)(-60<10)/(-2+.011667i- 80i)=

Thanks
Yes you can mix both polar and cartesian complex numbers. I use it all the time. This is the best calculator out there. I used it for EIT. Many problems were solved by just entering the numbers.

The problem is with -60, this can not be negative.

Back