Camping

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we camp, colman stove, dutch ovens, lanterns, fire (fire's are way cool), etc

I never got into the RV / pop up campers though...

We "boat camp" quite a bit in the summer, I have a cuddy cabin boat and will take the kids to camp on the water several times during the season, some times we camp on the boat, sometimes we take over an island and camp out that way, its very cool. But the boat has a full canvas enclosure which really helps and makes the boat camping fairly easy.

I actually installed a third battery with a dedicated inverter so we can really rough it and have direct power hookups on the boat, for uhh dvd players and other emergency type equipment...I picked up a solar charger at Northern Hardware fairly cheap and leave it plugged in for the 3rd battery, I was amazed how good it worked, the other two batteries are hooked into the boat system so they get recharged when the engine is running...

Camping is a pain in the ass for parents, but the kids have so much fun it makes it worth it!

One downside, we went camping during the new "fall break" the school created this year (&*(&*^^!!#$**) and the campground was full of those weird home schooled kids and their RV's, they would just show up while we were making breakfeast with a sort of dumb ass look on their pale white faces,, very creepy.......

Back