California!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This waiting is just as wracking as anticipating the release of the results!

The letters confirming licensure supposedly went out today according to may 24th announcement.. And database to be updated 48 hrs after that

Got my number today! A very warming feeling indeed! However, I wonder why the licence will expire on 9/30/2013. Any ideas?

egdad4 the board "pays" for the first couple of months. Before the 9/30/13 date we will get a renewal notice, once we pay it will be good until 9/30/2015.

egdad4 the board "pays" for the first couple of months. Before the 9/30/13 date we will get a renewal notice, once we pay it will be good until 9/30/2015.
Neto100, Thanks for putting me in the picture.

Anyone notice the grammar on the passing letters for the state exams?

Yup. I passed one exam at a time so, along with my renewal form, I sent in a "redlined" copy of my letter with corrections. :)

My favorite is at the top, left where it says:

Civil Survey Exam: Pass

Take Home Exam: Passed

Why does one say 'pass' and one 'passed'?! When you're still in shock over receiving your letter, it can very well mean to you that 'Passed' is done and over with, you passed - but then you start thinking to yourself, 'Pass' could mean they are telling me I still need to 'Pass' it - LOL

In the spring I took the PE exam preparation classes (online classes) offered by "School of PE". It helped me to pass the national exam (structural depth), in the afternoon I was done in 3 hours with the exam, but I failed the surveying and seismic exams. When I took the classes I felt I'm prepared for the exams (all of them). It turned out that I wasn't prepared at all for the state specific exams (the reality is that I should have studied more). I'm curious if anyone on this forum took the program offered by School of PE and what are his/her thoughts on their surveying and seismic classes? I don't really want to spend any more money on classes and books. I have the books recommended by School of PE (Cuomo, Bardar, Lindeburg) and they offer the review the courses for free for their failing students.

Thanks,

I recommend Hiner webinars for seismic. I believe he says do the HW problems 3 times. That will do the trick.

Took me a few times for survey but the third time was the charm. I honestly thought I failed the survey this last time, but luckily I pulled through. All I used were the PPI guides (the study guide, practice problems, and practice exams) plus re-doing the horizontal and vertical curve problems on the School of PE transportation section. Make sure you can add/subtract angles in degrees/minutes/seconds in your calculator and you should be fine. I used my HP48G graphing calculator for this test which has built-in conversions for chain/feet and acres/square feet. Made things quicker to convert.

Had I not passed this last time, I would have taken a survey seminar.

Good luck!

Thanks lape32. Hopefully next time I'll pass. 2.5 hours for 55 questions is not enough for me. Need to do lot more practice problems. As about SOPE prep. class, I think the V and H curves were better presented in the Transportation class than in Surveying class.

It's getting close I think...Looks like the CA board is meeting on the 5th.

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/materials/20131205_meeting_materials.pdf

Section 5 talks about an Update on the October Exams with "possible action".

Based on what I've been able to infer from people posting on this form, historical release dates etc., I suspect that they are expecting to have recieved the score from the NCEES with a possible action of allowing the NCEES to release the scores the following week. I looks like CA has been trying to been trying to improve the time it takes to get the results back to the test takers (45 days I heard is the goal), and last April they were one of the earliest to release depsite being historically one of the last. My guess at this point...Wed the 11th.

Just one mans opinion...what's yours?

It's getting close I think...Looks like the CA board is meeting on the 5th.

http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/about_us/meetings/materials/20131205_meeting_materials.pdf

Section 5 talks about an Update on the October Exams with "possible action".

Based on what I've been able to infer from people posting on this form, historical release dates etc., I suspect that they are expecting to have recieved the score from the NCEES with a possible action of allowing the NCEES to release the scores the following week. I looks like CA has been trying to been trying to improve the time it takes to get the results back to the test takers (45 days I heard is the goal), and last April they were one of the earliest to release depsite being historically one of the last. My guess at this point...Wed the 11th.

Just one mans opinion...what's yours?

Take a look at the 2012 meeting minutes for the December meeting, they say nothing about voting, just given the update: "Mr. Mathe is optimistic that results will be released by the end of December." Based on other threads the first states released the next Wednesday. It doesn't seem like a smoking gun to me.

Latest posts

Back