California PE Comity Questions

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MsCivilEngineer

Reaction score
Hi, I want to apply for comity for California PE license (Civil), I am a PE in Florida.  I understand I have to take the CA surveying and CA seismic exams.  I have some questions. 

1.  I am filling out the application, do I check both the seismic exam and the surveying exam, even though I plan on taking them one at a time?  (I read elsewhere on this forum that you are given a time frame to take the exams.  I just don't want them to give me say April to June time frame to complete taking both exams)  

2.  I remember seeing a thread on here that has a pinned post that has a ton of info on the CA PE (such as application process, suggested study materials), I can't seem to find that post, would someone be so kind and point me to it. 

3.  Any suggestion on online prep courses?  I was thinking School of PE. 

Thanks much!

For Seismic, you can take the EET seismic class by Dr Ahmed Ibrahim, I am currently taking the on-demand class. It is great so far, a lot of practice problems, mini exams, workshops, and a lot of solved examples. The instructor is explaining every single detail in the course and highlights the important parts with a lot of examples and twists. 

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back