Calculator

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I still use my TI-66 at work.  It works just fine.

I was all about TI's in high school and college, but once I got my first job I went HP and never looked back.

I hope my 20 year old TI-83 won't need replacing soon.  It already developed a vertical line of dead pixels.

804236a0518665dbe9594889c4a1a937.jpg

Dug up my grandfathers "calculator"! I Think the really cool engineers have the case with your name written with proper lettering techniques....

I also have no clue how this thing works.....

804236a0518665dbe9594889c4a1a937.jpg
Dug up my grandfathers "calculator"! I Think the really cool engineers have the case with your name written with proper lettering techniques....

I also have no clue how this thing works.....
Someone attempted to show me how to use one of them once, didn't go very well on my end.

When I was a kid my dad used to give me a slide rule that looked just like that every christmas as kind of a running joke... I would play with it for about 2 minutes, get bored and toss it aside. He'd put it away somewhere and re-gift it the next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
+1

Only because that is what I started with in HS.  The TI-86.  I still have the poker game I programmed in Basic on there.  LOL  Upgraded to a TI-89 in college.  Was (and still is) excellent for solving multi-order differential equations and such.
I'm fairly certain the TI-89 is the only reason I graduated college. 

Also, I had Super Mario Bros. on it and that was freaking awesome. 

Back