CA Surveying Exam Results - December 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smart Sam

Reaction score
Hi All, Happy New Year!

I hope everyone is having a great time.

Who is impatiently waiting for the CA Surveying Exam Results for December 2022?

I took the second time this late December. I flagged around 15 and were able to solve 5 at the end and guessed on 10. I hope I did enough to pass the test this time.

I found Surveying much harder than the Seismic. I passed the Seismic in first attempt with only 2 months of studies.

To be honest, I am worried even as a second attempt. 😟

Is it going to be released by this Friday?

Thanks, 🌟⭐🤞

For me it was all a blur. I remember having a lot of questions flagged but as I went back solved them and unflagged it. At the end I was 2 questions left and 20 mins to go. I noticed at least 2 tricky questions but otherwise straight forward. I used CPESR and Reza book to study. The questions were harder on the practice tests when studying but many say it is good prep. I hope I passed. I think tomorrow night early friday we should have our results based on what others have posted in the past.

For me it was all a blur. I remember having a lot of questions flagged but as I went back solved them and unflagged it. At the end I was 2 questions left and 20 mins to go. I noticed at least 2 tricky questions but otherwise straight forward. I used CPESR and Reza book to study. The questions were harder on the practice tests when studying but many say it is good prep. I hope I passed. I think tomorrow night early friday we should have our results based on what others have posted in the past.
It looks like you have done great on the exam. Hopefully, you are in a good shape. Let's hope for the best. I hope I don't have to go through again.

just curious is your background in surveying or land dev?

Hi All, Happy New Year!

I took the second time this late December. I flagged around 15 and were able to solve 5 at the end and guessed on 10. I hope I did enough to pass the test this time.

I found Surveying much harder than the Seismic. I passed the Seismic in first attempt with only 2 months of studies.

Thanks, 🌟⭐🤞
i had about the same amount flagged when i took it the first time and didnt pass :( looking to retake surveying in Q1.
what did you use to study?
i also passed seismic on the first attempt and found seismic to be easier for me than surveying, surveying is quite abstract.

usually results are released during the second week (Friday) of the following month. i found out my results on Fri, Dec 9th.

just curious is your background in surveying or land dev?
No it is not. When I studied I made certain I understood the concept every which way and backwards. It's funny but the one concept that gave me the most trouble was photogrammetry up until two weeks before. So I dedicated a whole weekend until it clicked. It was the easiest thing for me after that. I feel like we all feel that way about something in the testing categories. I remember the thought crossing my head "It probably won't show up on the test that often." I think I probably had 6 photogrammetry questions. So I am glad I did the work to understand it.

i had about the same amount flagged when i took it the first time and didnt pass :( looking to retake surveying in Q1.
what did you use to study?
i also passed seismic on the first attempt and found seismic to be easier for me than surveying, surveying is quite abstract.

usually results are released during the second week (Friday) of the following month. i found out my results on Fri, Dec 9th.
I had success passing surveying with Reza Mahallati's Civil Surveying Review Workshop - Spring 2020. I still have the book (as well as several others) if you're interested.

No it is not. When I studied I made certain I understood the concept every which way and backwards. It's funny but the one concept that gave me the most trouble was photogrammetry up until two weeks before. So I dedicated a whole weekend until it clicked. It was the easiest thing for me after that. I feel like we all feel that way about something in the testing categories. I remember the thought crossing my head "It probably won't show up on the test that often." I think I probably had 6 photogrammetry questions. So I am glad I did the work to understand it.
Yeah I think that's where I'm struggling too is understanding the concept every which way and backwards. Did you use other resources outside of CPESR and Reza to get better with the concepts (ie YouTube)? Or was it merely going through the lectures and doing as many practice problems as possible? Glad photogrammetry clicked for you and worked out for you, best of luck and hope you find out you passed!

Yeah I think that's where I'm struggling too is understanding the concept every which way and backwards. Did you use other resources outside of CPESR and Reza to get better with the concepts (ie YouTube)? Or was it merely going through the lectures and doing as many practice problems as possible? Glad photogrammetry clicked for you and worked out for you, best of luck and hope you find out you passed!
Another thing I did with the CPESR manual is add notes to it or highlighted things that I needed to pay attention too. Sometimes I would forget about something during a problem so I made sure to write a reminder next to it to make sure I did not make the mistake again. It help me on a few problems because we are going so fast it is easy to forget the little things. The first thing I wrote on top of my scratch paper when I received it was 1. write down what they are asking for and 2. What units are they asking for. It is sometimes easy to say I can do that in my head or I don't need to write it down but I am scatterbrained like that. So that helped me.

I had success passing surveying with Reza Mahallati's Civil Surveying Review Workshop - Spring 2020. I still have the book (as well as several others) if you're interested.
Hi Schmitty,
I'm interested in your all materials including surveying and also seismic if you pass. You can give me an ofer for surveying at [email protected]

Thanks,

We were hoping for Friday or Saturday exam results to be released. What do you think of Sunday or Monday? I think it would be Tuesday.

Hi All, Happy New Year!

Thanks, 🌟⭐🤞
Yes I am impatiently awaiting as well. Took on 12/12. Sounds like the release of results per month is at a pretty typical cadence so they have to be coming soon!

Last one to go for me and I'll be a licensed CA PE.

Curious if everyone else is still waiting on results? I passed Seismic last quarter but had to retake the Surveying exam this December...hoping that I'll get through this time around.

Curious if everyone else is still waiting on results? I passed Seismic last quarter but had to retake the Surveying exam this December...hoping that I'll get through this time around.
The same here. I passed the Seismic last Q and took Survey this December. Just waiting for the results. Hope to hear a good news.

Back