CA Specific Exams

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I do.
Look man, it's not really helping. Everyone here is either celebrating or trying to find common ground with other people. What's the point of you bringing up the fact that our conjectures are wrong other than to say you're right and we weren't? If you don't have anything productive to say don't say it. It's a good and bad time for a lot of people here, just get on with the program. Everything that was said on this board, spam or not, got us through the last two weeks.

Thanks to all you wild animals for keeping me entertained while we all waited for the results. After two years of examinations, I've passed my last test. Good luck to the rest of you waiting for results!

Oh, do you know something that I don't? I'm trying to analyze the situation for what it is. Based on previous experience and the evidence that seems to be coming to light. So, if you don't have something productive to say or add...
I think you don't know CAPLS works at the board.

Look man, it's not really helping. Everyone here is either celebrating or trying to find common ground with other people. What's the point of you bringing up the fact that our conjectures are wrong other than to say you're right and we weren't? If you don't have anything productive to say don't say it. It's a good and bad time for a lot of people here, just get on with the program. Everything that was said on this board, spam or not, got us through the last two weeks.
I am helping.  I told you last Friday to relax and have a nice weekend, as results weren't coming out until this week.  And just now, confirmed that survey was coming out today and traffic soon after.  Not sure why you believe that is not helping.

Oh don't be sour about it. We've all been railing on the board and he's been a good sport. Now we're all getting the results and it's almost time to move on.

I am helping.  I told you last Friday to relax and have a nice weekend, as results weren't coming out until this week.  And just now, confirmed that survey was coming out today and traffic soon after.  Not sure why you believe that is not helping.
Oh man, Survey coming out today?? that's awesome news, I just passed Seismic and would love to pass Surveying....

I am so frustrated. I did not pass, second attempt. Felt good enough after this go-round that I thought I would pass. The format of this exam still frustrates me and seems unnecessarily difficult because of the time constraints. Yes, the material is difficult, but it's the length and format of the exam which I think are brutal. I already do not like the clunkiness of navigating a test on a computer software, but it really hit home when comparing with the 8-hour exam with my coworkers. With the 8-hour exam, we had 4 hours to complete 40 questions (6 min/question). With the Seismic Exam, we get 2.5 hours to complete 55 questions (2:44 min:sec/question). If what you say is correct about "beta" questions also being thrown in is also correct ... that only frustrates me even further.
Did you take a review course? I did the EET and finished the Seismic exam early and confident I maybe missed only a couple questions.

I really wish people would respect the president of the Board on here. He doesn't even have to come on here and help. Btw thank @CAPLS I'm glad you could give us the updates. 

Congratulations to all who passed, time to celebrate 🎉, very happy that all your hard work paid off.

I am hoping TE results are released today also.

@samopuddles i wasn't being sour about it, I don't have any beef with him, (or you). if he has good info good for him, we all benefit from it. I'm talking about his comment regarding isn't it nice to realize we've been wrong all this time. He may not mean it that way but he did offend somebody.

We're all equals here, just waiting for results. I don't care who he works for, or with, I haven't said anything bad about the Board, or him. Just my two cents.

@samopuddles i wasn't being sour about it, I don't have any beef with him, (or you). if he has good info good for him, we all benefit from it. I'm talking about his comment regarding isn't it nice to realize we've been wrong all this time. He may not mean it that way but he did offend somebody.

We're all equals here, just waiting for results. I don't care who he works for, or with, I haven't said anything bad about the Board, or him. Just my two cents.
Agreed with samopuddles about you came off at sour (not sure if you intended to come off that way) . Just relax, @CAPLS is just trying to help. There are nothing wrong with we are "being wrong all this time" (or just being impatient and throw out outlandish random dates lol). If you get offended, tough shit, get over it.

Don't be so sensitive - he did give us good info. He confirmed on Friday to expect results early this week. He confirmed earlier that survey would in fact come out today. I feel like we've all been giving the board shit for weeks, it's not a big deal for somebody there to give us a little shit for all of our "predictions" and nonsense.

Thank you :)  Traffic soon after today or tomorrow? My F5 key is acting up  :p

Did you take a review course? I did the EET and finished the Seismic exam early and confident I maybe missed only a couple questions.
Yes, I originally took the School of PE's review course the first time I took the exam. I reused my study materials when studying for this second attempt. I didn't think their Seismic course prepared me as well as their 8-hour and Surveying courses, but I still think all of their materials and courses have been excellent. I will look to re-attend their webinars when I retake the Seismic exam as they have a free retake policy until you pass.

Making guesses as to what date or time r making light of waiting is not a problem.  I targeted a response to the one I did because he/she stated that the Board was lagging.  Misinformation, intentional or otherwise, is not a good thing.  I'm sure that he/she meant no harm.  That's why I responded to that one. 

Yes, I originally took the School of PE's review course the first time I took the exam. I reused my study materials when studying for this second attempt. I didn't think their Seismic course prepared me as well as their 8-hour and Surveying courses, but I still think all of their materials and courses have been excellent. I will look to re-attend their webinars when I retake the Seismic exam as they have a free retake policy until you pass.
For what it's worth, I would check out the EET textbook/practice exams. It really prepared me for the exam and I came into seismic design knowing almost nothing.

Failed...such a disappointment....i passed both 8 hours and survey in first shot in April. Now i'm feeling of a failure ..

Making guesses as to what date or time r making light of waiting is not a problem.  I targeted a response to the one I did because he/she stated that the Board was lagging.  Misinformation, intentional or otherwise, is not a good thing.  I'm sure that he/she meant no harm.  That's why I responded to that one. 
Go back and read it again. You were just being a jerk, plain and simple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Back