CA results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My coworker and I just called and were both told to expect the results at the "end of the month". She could not be more specific because they were not sure. I wanted to know if they would post the date and she said they would once they knew. Such a load of BS! All I have left is seismic and I really don't want to take that test again.

The phnoe automatic information system is still in Apr 2009 exam. They said that they are going to release the result on July 27, 2009 for the Apr 2009 exam.

Where is Apr, 2010 exam result relase date??? I dial (916) 263-2222 for the PE exam result.

Here is the examinee instruction for Apr 2010.

http://www.pels.ca.gov/applicants/4-10_pe-...nstructions.pdf

also "The Board will post the release dates of the exam results on our website at www.pels.ca.gov and on our recorded message at (916) 263-2222."

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, that recording has not been updated. Ridiculous. :screwloose:

I called and immediately hit 0 to get the operator. I asked her when, and I have to say, she did sound knowledgable, (i.e. not a robot receptionist twit). She said they are assembling them now and they should be out in a 7-10 days or hopefully sooner. I think it going to be towards the end of next week folks.

I don't like hearing the excuse that California takes longer because they have more applicants, tests etc. If that is the case, they make more money and can hire more staff.

Perhaps another reason why the percentage of passing is low for repeat takers is that the Board is so slow giving back results, that the people who have to re-file have reduced time to study for the next test.

My coworker and I just called and were both told to expect the results at the "end of the month". She could not be more specific because they were not sure. I wanted to know if they would post the date and she said they would once they knew. Such a load of BS! All I have left is seismic and I really don't want to take that test again.

Such BS! These bastards are costing me real money by delaying my raise! :smileyballs:

I think I need to get an invoice together.

Yes, that recording has not been updated. Ridiculous. :screwloose:
I called and immediately hit 0 to get the operator. I asked her when, and I have to say, she did sound knowledgable, (i.e. not a robot receptionist twit). She said they are assembling them now and they should be out in a 7-10 days or hopefully sooner. I think it going to be towards the end of next week folks.

I don't like hearing the excuse that California takes longer because they have more applicants, tests etc. If that is the case, they make more money and can hire more staff.

Perhaps another reason why the percentage of passing is low for repeat takers is that the Board is so slow giving back results, that the people who have to re-file have reduced time to study for the next test.
I would not bet on it. I would expect results out by Aug. 2nd to be safe. If they come in sooner great, but I do not want to be dissapointed if they are not mailed by the end of next week.

My dear fellow examinees,

I must admit I am disappointed by the news about having to wait even longer for our results. Indeed, the past ten months of my life have been consumed with the PE.....studying, studying, studying, then taking the exam, and now waiting, waiting, and waiting. In my opinion, this waiting period has absolutely been the most difficult part of the process.

I am constantly bombarded with inquiries from friends, family, and colleagues as to how I did on the exam. I grow weary of explaining why it is taking so long to these people and this only serves to increase the anxiety associated with the wait, yet I feel obligated to tell them what's going on as these are the people that also suffered. They watched my kids so that I could study, tended to the logistics that I didn't have time for, and generally made some sort of sacrifice to accommodate my wanting to become a registered professional engineer in the State of California.

As a second time examinee, I have been through this before. Although not an expert on this issue, I would like to offer this:

DO NOT camp out by the mail box waiting for the results....this will only make it seem longer!

Try to think about something else. You are intelligent people, quite capable of focusing on anything you put your mind to....use this!

Don't bash the board for taking so long! These are the people who grant you licensure. Do I think they're taking too long? Yes, but I know there is not a d*mn thing I can do about it either.

Remember, California licensure will enable you to practice in most other states through reciprocity. This is not the case for licensure in most other states. A California PE is a prestigious license.

Good luck to everyone and may your results letter be a small one.

Cheer up everyone. :rolleyes:

We passed the exam but just haven't received the notice yet. Don't worry too much ...let's have :beerchug: on the weekend.

I must admit I am disappointed by the news about having to wait even longer for our results. Indeed, the past ten months of my life have been consumed with the PE.....studying, studying, studying, then taking the exam, and now waiting, waiting, and waiting. In my opinion, this waiting period has absolutely been the most difficult part of the process.

I am constantly bombarded with inquiries from friends, family, and colleagues as to how I did on the exam. I grow weary of explaining why it is taking so long to these people and this only serves to increase the anxiety associated with the wait, yet I feel obligated to tell them what's going on as these are the people that also suffered. They watched my kids so that I could study, tended to the logistics that I didn't have time for, and generally made some sort of sacrifice to accommodate my wanting to become a registered professional engineer in the State of California.

As a second time examinee, I have been through this before. Although not an expert on this issue, I would like to offer this:

DO NOT camp out by the mail box waiting for the results....this will only make it seem longer!

Try to think about something else. You are intelligent people, quite capable of focusing on anything you put your mind to....use this!

Don't bash the board for taking so long! These are the people who grant you licensure. Do I think they're taking too long? Yes, but I know there is not a d*mn thing I can do about it either.

Remember, California licensure will enable you to practice in most other states through reciprocity. This is not the case for licensure in most other states. A California PE is a prestigious license.

:appl:

:appl:
Good post, I like everything you said except for not bashing the board. My coworker recently got his SEII results back, and that exam is free-response! 13-15 weeks for a scantron test is ridiculous.

Does anyone know if we still have to pay by the July 19th deadline if the results are not in yet? (California) I plan on going on vacation this next week and need to know if i have to mail out the check before I do so.

Does anyone know if we still have to pay by the July 19th deadline if the results are not in yet? (California) I plan on going on vacation this next week and need to know if i have to mail out the check before I do so.
I was wondering the same thing, but a member replied to me and the deadline for refile is different than the first time applicants. I believe it is around August 23rd. They should post this on their website. I can't find the refile form on the website either. I bet if you get a failing letter, it will give you the deadline date + a form.

Hey think positive though- we passed for sure!

The CA results will mail out today or early next week! Good Luck! People can ready to check on the state website -> http://www.pels.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml
Yes, you can check the state website if you enjoy looking at it. But as I have pointed out every time for the past 10 administrations, you will almost certainly have the letter in your hands well before they update that database.

So if your name doesn't show up it doesn't mean anything. Wait for the letter to go into mourning.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
The CA results will mail out today or early next week! Good Luck! People can ready to check on the state website -> http://www.pels.ca.gov/consumers/lic_lookup.shtml

How do you know that? Everyone who contacted the board received the same response which was that the results would be mailed out by the end of the month.

Do you know something no one else knows?
I read another website (PPI) http://ppi2pass.com/forums/posts/list/15/1155094369.page

Back