Bus Admitance Network Problem

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mull982

Reaction score
Can someone help me understand how they came up with the equivelent circuit in the attached figure 7-8(B) from Schaum's outline. I understand that it is a source trasformation problem but I cannot for the life of me figure out where they got the new impedance values from.

I understand how they came up withe the bus admittance matrix as they have shown but can figure out how they came up with the circuit in (B).

Can anyone please help?

The circuit is reduced to represent thevenin's circuit wherein current source is replaced with voltage source.

The circuit is reduced to represent thevenin's circuit wherein current source is replaced with voltage source.
Yes that's what I thought but cant seem to figure out how they came up with the new impedance values. Can you help me see this?

Yes that's what I thought but cant seem to figure out how they came up with the new impedance values. Can you help me see this?
It looks like they took the inverse of the impendances so that the drawing on the right is expressed in admittances. I have no idea why they would do this but they talk about admittance below the drawing so it makes sense.

Back