Build your $680k home on a wrong lot!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
seems very vague to me. I can see how the survey could have a type-o on it regarding the block/lot designation. But how does it get to be possibly staked out by the surveyor, built, a CO issued by the municipality closed on, and then occupied for over 6 months before it is made aware.

They built a $680k house in a place where they already own 18 more lots. Somehow I am not sorry for them. They have money...will find their way to solve this.

Now, if this was a couple that invested all their savings in their one and only dream house then this will be a disgrace. Filthy rich people like those...not sympathy here. Am sure they have stepped on someone else to make all that money.

Surveyor is in deep doo doo.

Yeah, that damn "rental" home is 4x larger than my primary home. There is no sorrow from this guy either.

Thats alot of hate for people just because they have money. Just because they have money doesn't mean they are bad people. I have every intention of having alot of money someday. Will you guys be hatin on me then? My wife has family that are loaded and they are the kindest, most decent people you could know.

if you have more than $75,000 in assets, including 401K, home equity, savings than you are in the top 10% wealthiest people on the planet...

"fair resolution" Is that how folks from Missouri say, "Free house!"?
maybe for the people who own the land the house was built on.
One really needs to see the subdivision plan to tell what the impact is. If the correct lot is next door and has the same dimensions, then I can see a simple swap with a nominal settlement rectifying the situation. The lot owners are not really impacted as they didn't have any work invested in the lot and one would expect that side by side lots of equal dimensions should have the same value. Pretty bizarre situation though.

I don't buy the rhetoric on the 1%, but if I did, lots of people have vacation / rental houses that are not anywhere near the top 1% income earners in this country..

I have a vacation home and I'm not anywhere's near the top 1%. Of course my vacation house is the same house that I frequent while I'm not on vacation.

I have a vacation home shaped like a bottle. I drink to get away.

Back