Best Practice Exam Book For Breadth Exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

civilpe2019

Reaction score
What is the best practice exam books for the morning exam? I have heard CERM practice book is not good..

What do you think of   Indranil Goswami 's books..it is kind of outdated but have good reviews? 

What about Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Two Breadth Exams by Civil PE Exams?

Has any one tried "Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Five Full Breadth Exams With Detailed Solutions"  By Ali Asadi.PE ? ..it is a new book in a good pricing...But no reviews yet..

I am kind of confused!

Thanks!

David

Last edited by a moderator:
Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Two Breadth Exams by Civil PE Exams:

I bought this one. I thought the problems and their difficulty was on par with the April 19 test. One downside is that the problems aren't organized how the NCEES has in the test. You'll have a structural problem then a transportation problem then hydraulics etc... So it does become more time consuming flipping references around trying to find equations to answer the question. 

I bought a few of the Goswami books 10 days before the exam. Think they helped but noticed a few problems that seemed to be wrong. 

I used the Gruttadauria practice exam/reference book and the PE prepared LLC series. The PE prepared series can have some really easy questions, but overall I thought it was worth the cost. The Gruttadauria manual in the front finally made some structural concepts click for me. 

I had a friends Mike's PE practice exam too. 

Just do a lot of problems to broaden your view of topics you could see on the exam. Even do the CERM problems if you have the time, even though they aren't set up like the exam multiple choice problems. 

What is the best practice exam books for the morning exam? I have heard CERM practice book is not good..

What do you think of   Indranil Goswami 's books..it is kind of outdated but have good reviews? 

What about Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Two Breadth Exams by Civil PE Exams?

Has any one tried "Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams: Five Full Breadth Exams With Detailed Solutions"  By Ali Asadi.PE ? ..it is a new book in a good pricing...But no reviews yet..

I am kind of confused!

Thanks!

David
Are you taking a review course? Most review courses come with a lot of practice problems. 

As for a practice exam, NCEES sells them for all disciplines. I used that practice exam and thought it was pretty good but still felt the actual exam was a bit more difficult. Good luck!!

Thank you!  I have heard NCEES practice exams are much easier than actual exam problems...I bought  Five Civil Engineering PE Practice Exams by Ali Asadi, PE and it looks good and a friend of mine who passed PE said questions are very similar to the actual exam.. ..It has Five Breadth Exams and the pricing is lower than the other books with two exams. It has also organized questions like the actual exams...I may try other books like NCEES exams later...….

Wish me luck!

Back