Best Comeback

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maryannette

Wise One
Reaction score
Over 20 years ago, when I first started traveling, one of the men I worked with was harassing/joking me at the lunch table about what I had to pack. We were sitting at a table of about 10 engineers (all men except me) and Dave started telling me that I would have problems traveling because I had to pack "girl" things like makeup and shampoo and hair styling appliances. He said by time I got everything packed I wouldn't be able to carry my suitcase. (Roller cases were not common then.) I told him I was good at packing and I could get everything in a manageable suitcase. He kept on and kept on and kept on.

My comeback (Dave was overweight): "Dave, I'm sure that your clothes take up more space in a suitcase than my clothes. I can probably pack my clothes in half the space that it takes you to pack your clothes. So, I'm sure that if I use a little extra space for my "girl" stuff, I'll still end up with a smaller suitcase than you."

The reaction from the other engineers at the table was great! :)

Back