Baseball 2022

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you get discouraged and want to set yourself up for greater disappointment, look at your seemingly lousy team and think of the 2019 nats or 2021 braves and remember, your team could win the world series! (though it probably won't happen)
I'm telling myself this as the braves are... finding themselves?

Holy ****ā€¦I just made $80 in tips tonight!

I was at Diamond Club parking for the 2nd game of our double header. Aside from VIPā€™s, there are 18 parking spots in the parking garage at the DC entrance for owners/families. When one of the owners shows up, Iā€™d have to move a cone. First dude gave me $20. Of course, I think his car cost more than my first house. On her way out I was chatting with one of the owners wives and she gave me $40.

Last one were ordinary people. They were driving in circles looking for a handicap spotā€¦and they actually needed oneā€¦and they were very nice about it. We very rarely have to use all the spots so I told them to head towards the one end and Iā€™d hook them up. I moved on to give directions to some guy in a truck and somebody came up behind me and stuck something in my hand. One of them gave me $20.

My Reds story:

I was working for Lexmark in Lexington, KY as an intern in 1995. A few of us drove to Cincinnati for a game (May 6th) and it was pretty wild. This was back when Deion Sanders was playing for the Reds. Mets were up 11-4 in the middle of the 8th, including an inside-the-park home run in the 5th inning that had the crowd booing. Reds came back and won with a walk-off homer in the 9th.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CIN/CIN199505060.shtml

It was pretty cool. I FaceTimed the 10yo at home to check in just as Kylo Ren was coming out of the room they were using. Told him someone wanted to say hi and flipped the phone around. He flipped out when he did the lightsaber thing.

Was at the visitor's clubhouse the other day and I was about to stop some rando in the tunnel who looked a lot like a homeless dude. Once he got closer, I realized it was Madison Bumgarner. As angry as he is on the field, he was a pretty nice guy off the field.

Back