AutoCAD 2020 - MEP Tool Palette: Electrical Receptacles, Light Fixtures, Panels, etc.?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akyip

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I currently have a student educational version of AutoCAD 2020, which I'm trying to use to practice and improve my CAD skills. Unfortunately, my MEP tool palette is not as extensive as I remember in the AutoCAD MEP 2018 version (also a student educational version), which has now expired for me. I remember the AutoCAD MEP 2018 I previously had included MEP electrical devices such as receptacles, light fixtures, panels, etc. I do not see these items in my AutoCAD 2020. Is there any way I can get these typical MEP electrical devices into the AutoCAD 2020 I have? Currently, the only electrical items I have in my 2020 tool palette are push buttons, limit switches, pilot lights, contacts, etc.

I'm asking this question because I want to get back to practicing and improving my AutoCAD MEP skills. Thanks to anyone in advance who has any input on this!

There are many types of CAD blocks available on the internet. You can just try googling “Electrical CAD blocks” and check what you can find.
our company uses autocad MEP 2018 but we don’t use the tool pallete availble from that software. We made our own CAD blocks for company standards.

have you tried posting this in the autocad forum? they could be having better solutions. thanks

Back