ASME Mechanical DVD?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yingli

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anyone use the ASME Mechanical Exam Review Course DVD? Is it helpful using it to prepare PE exam?

Thank you.

Yingli

Let me put it this way, I realy tried to watch the vidios but I couldn't even force myself. It is a true waste of money.

Thank you very much.

I am waiting the pe result, it may be found out in Jan 5-6th, but I don't feel I can pass this time, so I am think to take PE exam again in April 2010 and try to find better material to start.

How about you, did you get the result yet?

Yingli

Thank you for the information.

I wish I am as lucky as you are to pass the exam, but mostly, I have to take again.

Thank you for the information.
I wish I am as lucky as you are to pass the exam, but mostly, I have to take again.
I am still waiting as well (VA).

I would just stick to the basic books like the MERM, Shigley, Machinery Handbook, Marks, and the NCEES exam problems, for Machine Design. I also try to find some good college websites that have coursework on line and work some of those problems. I also bought a good physics college textbooks and skimmed though that. In the end it comes down to organization and test taking skills which I am still working on. Good Luck.

My company have all set of ASME in book...They are very very expensive and I don't think it is very useful for taking the PE. They sometimes will give you material useage, tolerance, chemical and mechanical requirements, testing procedures and packing , shipping methods and a little bit information on the formation of the material.

You will received your pass letter soon. My letter will coming around the end of Jan, 2010.

I was thinking to do more pratice problems and samples is a better way than digging into books and study for days and weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you are talking about the ASME standard DVD. Sorry to misleading you, I didn't have those DVD prepare by the ASME.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for all your information.

Wish we all have good results after long time waitting.

Happy Hoilday!!

Back