Arizona by Comity recently

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruggercsc

I was once fast and scrappy, then lost my s's
EB Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied for an Arizona license by Comity recently?  Since I updated my NCCEES record in September, all my references are still good (just need to update my same job since then). Do I need to go through the hassle of getting transcripts, references, old supervisors to verify my work, what color pencil I used in first grade, etc. again. I just glanced at the application and they have all this information listed along with a spot for your NCEES record number? (Correction, I just reviewed the application again and in small letters it states you can skip the education, experience, and reference sections if you have a NCEES record).

Does anyone have recent experience and how long did it take? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm impressed that you got the NCEES record settled in the first place!  They're still reviewing my experience.  Granted, I didn't quite put too much effort into the Record application on the first round.

This is a topic that I'm interested in.  I plan to start marketing more in other states, and Arizona is close by!

I'm impressed that you got the NCEES record settled in the first place!  They're still reviewing my experience.  Granted, I didn't quite put too much effort into the Record application on the first round.
Good Luck, it took me 4 rounds before they accepted some of my experience.  They required a lot more detail than the application for my original license

Good Luck, it took me 4 rounds before they accepted some of my experience.  They required a lot more detail than the application for my original license
The majority of the frustration for me is that they require specifics, like the names of projects.  This does not strike me as a request that an engineer would make, because the value of the project is not in it's title.

The majority of the frustration for me is that they require specifics, like the names of projects.  This does not strike me as a request that an engineer would make, because the value of the project is not in it's title.
Mangano,

I got my State of Arizona Certificate and No. Today.  I am not official until I send in the the fee ($225) and fill out a form with a copy my seal for their files.  Overall, it took about a month and that includes getting my experience updated (I already had a "new" record established and my references were still valid) in my NCEES record and approved by my supervisor, which is always a challenge because it  requires detective work in tracking down the exact email folder the NCEES email winds up in.

Board inefficiencies aside, congrats on the extra licensure!  I finally got my NCEES record through and excited to start expanding. 

To switch it up about bit, which type of projects will you be working on in AZ and where will they be?

I work on Design Build Projects on Military Installations and we have had a presence at Yuma Proving Grounds, Fort Huachuca, and Davis Monthan AFB.  The immediate need is certifying some sanitary sewer line construction.  There is nothing finer than reviewing video of active sanitary sewer lines before lunch. 

Arizona is generally fast. We have an engineer on staff licensed in AZ by comity.  Took just over a week.

I looked at my certificate and when I first posted this and the process took about a month, but I had to resend in my proof of citizenship so that might have delayed it.

Arizona is a little different though.  I got my certificate and number, and then they required the fee payment and along with copy of stamp/signature, so that a little more time.

Latest posts

Back