Are you ready for the PE exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazydock

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I am going to the Power PE exam this Friday. I spent reasonable time to study and I do not feel that I am completely prepare for the exam. If the passing rate is 70%, in my opinion, I have a good chance to pass the exam and I feel much better :)

How do you feel? Are you ready?

Best luck for everyone on the exam!

MWB

I hope I am ready. I can do every problem in the NCEES practice exam and I understand how to do them. I also did practice problems and practice exams from Camara and some problems from Stevenson's book. I just don't know what else to study... It sucks that this is the first time taking the test and I have no idea what to expect. The nerves are killing me already.

:shakehead:

Having taken the exam before (in the old format), I feel prepared. It was nice not having to study all the other stuff (control systems, logic, electronics, etc.) and really be able to focus on power.

I took the exam last October. If you can crank through the NCEES sample exam, and UNDERSTAND the questions, then you should do fine.

I found very little "deep" about the Power exam. Most "calculated" questions can be solved with 1-2 lines of writing, as long as you know the formula. If you've got a good formula sheet, you'll end up using it for most of the questions (80%+). Note that only about 60% of the "sample exam" was calculated though. There'll be theory stuff that you may or may not know off the top of your head.

Don't neglect economics, there were a bunch of questions on the October exam. Those are easy, gimme points, as long as you remember how to do them. There were none in the sample exam.

Good luck.

I took the exam last October. If you can crank through the NCEES sample exam, and UNDERSTAND the questions, then you should do fine.
I found very little "deep" about the Power exam. Most "calculated" questions can be solved with 1-2 lines of writing, as long as you know the formula. If you've got a good formula sheet, you'll end up using it for most of the questions (80%+). Note that only about 60% of the "sample exam" was calculated though. There'll be theory stuff that you may or may not know off the top of your head.

Don't neglect economics, there were a bunch of questions on the October exam. Those are easy, gimme points, as long as you remember how to do them. There were none in the sample exam.

Good luck.

Thank you cableguy! I was concern with the power electronics and the symmetrical componets parts but with some studying I was able to understand what they are doing. Yeah the theory stuff worry me a bit.

Back