April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actual video of my regular commute back in Philly:

mad-max-fury-road-gif.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm used to aggressive driving. I can handle it way better than most.

But yeah, fuck driving in NYC and DC!

Actual video of my regular commute back in Philly:

mad-max-fury-road-gif.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm used to aggressive driving. I can handle it way better than most.

But yeah, fuck driving in NYC and DC!
That makes me laugh. I have family living in Philly and two of them are verrryyy aggressive drivers. I absolutely refuse to drive with my cousin lol.

The worst drivers I've seen were in Rio, then Rome. Philly would be a distant third.

Rio was chaotic, aggressive, and overtly violent. Rome was organized chaos. Philly is aggressive, predictable, and mildly violent.

I've driven in DC before and the layout was confusing from what I remember.

What I remember more is the flat tire I got and having to change it on the side of a city street.

You get used to it here but I do adjust my aggressive driving (bitchiness) to where I'm driving in NY though.. when I drive upstate (anything Yonkers and above for a New Yorker:)) I take a breather knowing that people are more polite.

The worst drivers I've seen were in Rio, then Rome. Philly would be a distant third.

Rio was chaotic, aggressive, and overtly violent. Rome was organized chaos. Philly is aggressive, predictable, and mildly violent.
Haven't been to Rome but I have family in Naples, and the driving there is INSANE. And my dad was like, "Oh yeah, it's gotten so much better. You should have seen it 30 years ago." Nooope lol.

Haven't been to Rome but I have family in Naples, and the driving there is INSANE. And my dad was like, "Oh yeah, it's gotten so much better. You should have seen it 30 years ago." Nooope lol.
Venezia was pretty bad too. I don't remember things being absofuckinglutely-rome-style awful in Sicily, Florence, or around Naples, still bad but not that bad.

Strictly speaking, no. But it would be logistically more complicated with the time constraints. Also it's less paperwork. I have a meeting in Brooklyn Bed-Stuy area at 10AM I'm trying to push to 11AM.

I think I'm just used to open roads and country roads Upstate. My commute up here is literally 10 minutes with no traffic, so I'm spoiled in that regard.
I mean, if you're going to Brooklyn, you could just avoid NYC all together and go through NJ.  NYC now has the congestion pricing on the bridges, etc. so it's very expensive to just drive through if you're not actually go to the city.

My commute in general is hell.  I live on LI so I have the daily LI commuters, who know that driving 80 is fun and efficient, and the Queens/NYC/Brooklyn commuters...who don't want to go over 55-MPH because the parkways don't allow you and they think they'll get pulled over.  Which makes for very frustrating summer commuting.

Central Florida is pretty tame. Ditto for northern Florida (read: lower Georgia and lower Alabama). Southern Florida is indeed an experience. People simultaneously driving too fast, too slow, too clam, and too aggressive.
I4 was under construction so it was wild. I did live there for five weeks in 2017, so. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back