April 2019 15k SPAM Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's definitely an accent, it's just not as strong as other regional accents. I heard more of an "accent" in the eastern part of the state than I did the Sea-Tac area.  

The accent I heard when I was out that way could be coarsely described as lite-country. Really I could just hear some gradient of Idaho and Eastern Oregon/Nevada and the metro west coast.

Spamalot0_d73c8490-5056-a36a-0a3733f59043ea98.jpg

It’s “craw-fish”. And yes, I’m not originally from SE Tx, but I certainly sound like a member of the Bush family. The accent gets picked up, as people stop sounding like they are speaking another language.

informal poll. How does everyone pronounce crawfish?

a) cray-fish

b) craw-fish

c)craw-daddy

There is only one correct answer
B.  Crawfish.  But...I don't think we eat them too much?  Way too many shrimp cocktails, flounder, and other random fish to eat than go after them.  Plus, I mean, I can get my lobster cracked, so do I seem like the type to really enjoy a crawfish?

Which reminds me: Mary, merry, and marry are three different words. People need to pronounce them differently.

Also it's bury. Not "berry" or "Barry". It should rhyme with "curry"! 

Further, the endemic and salient bury/barry meger in the Maryland and tidewater accents annoy me to no end. I grief my wife about this all the time. She doesn't even hear herself doing it.

and no @ChebyshevII_PE, I'm not originally from Maryland.
Fake news.  All words sound the same.  Don't be hating.  Which reminds me, I need to start working on making my NY accent stronger.  It's been controlled for too long to not offend, and I am tired of it!

Also, I am a horrible engineer.  There is an ASCE/Young adult meeting tonight...and I just...can't.  I have so much work, plus I'm still packing, that I will literally kill someone if I attempt to go to this.

Plus I may have mistakenly gone over my allotted PPL for the company (oops).
I do believe that lack of attendance at a membership meeting has little to do with your engineering skillz 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back