April 2018 SE Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do we have the technology to make a sweet map of the country that shows states that released the results (like the PE forum)? 

I have a cynical theory that they purposely keep the gravity passing rate higher than the lateral to give us false hope that it is possible to pass the lateral too.

A little ridiculous scolding, don't you think. We didn't mention how the problem was set up and everyone KNOWS that masonry, wood, steel, and concrete are on the exams. For the love of GOD some of you mods are just jerks.
No, he was being a jerk. What was said was basically the equivalent of saying "Hey everyone, the ASCE 7-10 is required for the exam." NCEES basically even posts the material that was discussed.
Aaannd this the quickest way to a mandatory break from the forum. It's unfortunate that some "professionals" can't even follow simple rules. What do you think @Ramnares P.E.?

I don't think so. We are too dumb to pass lateral.
Certainly not intelligent enough on not irritating the admin/mod staff of a forum.

200.gif

Finally, someone did it. Congrats!

How did you feel about the exam in general?
I thought I did fine after the morning, but over the next months I slowly convinced myself that I missed all the morning bridge problems. I felt good about all the afternoon problems too.

By today, I was feeling 50/50 though. The waiting eats at you.

Aaannd this the quickest way to a mandatory break from the forum. It's unfortunate that some "professionals" can't even follow simple rules. What do you think @Ramnares P.E.?

Certainly not intelligent enough on not irritating the admin/mod staff of a forum.

200.gif
My point  is proven. I'm done anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally passed lateral buildings. 4th time is a charm!

Hang in there and stick with it for those who need to retake. I have a wife and children too, so I know how hard that is on all.  

Passed Vertical, but failed Lateral.  Pretty disappointed as I feel that I was very close to passing the Lateral based on the diagnostic.

Lateral AM: 24/40   

Lateral PM: 3 Acceptable and  1 Improvement Required

Like others have said,  I'm finding it really tough thinking about putting my family through this again.  Going to have to do a little soul searching this weekend.  

Sorry, EngUW. Very rough. I'm still at a loss for words. I truly thought I crushed that exam. I had little doubt about passing it. 

Did these guys make cut score significantly higher?! What's going on here? I am very curious to see these pass rates.
Yeah, same. I'm kind of speechless to be honest. A lot of take aways from me:

1. I did better in the afternoon than prior attempts (A, IR, A, IR) but worse in the PM than prior attempts (23/40).

2. The 23/40 in the morning is brutal considering it's worse than both prior attempts however this is the first time I was actually able to work through every problem and generally was not stumped on any of them, I knew what they were asking (or so I thought). I must have just fallen for every trick. On my last attempt I didn't have enough time in the morning and had to flat out guess on at least 5 and was stumped on several others but I managed a 28/40!

3. There isn't one particular section in the morning that I'm not doing well at. Seems to be all over the board. So it's not like I just need to focus on one area.

4. SE in California is pretty important but now 3 fails...seeeeesh... not sure I can stomach a 4th attempt, possibly a 4th fail... Maybe this is still too fresh but all sorts of thoughts in my head from "definitely not going to take it again" to "need to think about possible career change" to "i'm stubborn as f*ck, just keep taking it again, wife/kids/family life be damned"

Back