April 2018 15K SPAM thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what I should make next with my sourdough starter. I already have plans to bake more bread this weekend, but what else?

I think I need to remake the bomb sourdough banana bread I made a few weeks ago. That was SO good.

Did you buy direct from King Arthur? How is it packaged? What is the starter, exactly?
Yes, I did buy directly from them. It comes in a little screw top plastic jar (it's very small), and comes in liquid form (vs. dried like you will find elsewhere). The starter is simply water and flour! You can build it yourself (there are lots of guides available online), but generally, the more mature a starter is, the healthier and more interesting flavor it can provide. I definitely took the easy route in getting KAF's starter. They've had theirs going for a very long time, and I was able to use it for my first bakes within a week, I think.

Yes, I did buy directly from them. It comes in a little screw top plastic jar (it's very small), and comes in liquid form (vs. dried like you will find elsewhere). The starter is simply water and flour! You can build it yourself (there are lots of guides available online), but generally, the more mature a starter is, the healthier and more interesting flavor it can provide. I definitely took the easy route in getting KAF's starter. They've had theirs going for a very long time, and I was able to use it for my first bakes within a week, I think.
@leggo PE You would do so well on the frontier.

None of this crazy Instant Pot mania, that I will soon find myself experimenting with.

@squaretaper, just give me a dutch oven and a fire!
U2xi2r6xsP.jpg

I'm thinking of getting an enameled cast iron dutch oven. Worth it?
I think so. I have a Staub and love it. It's what I have been using to bake my bread, and I also make awesome soups in it. I haven't yet used it for much else, but I could do some sort of roast in it too, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back