April 2017 15k spam-a-thon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I reset my router a while ago and that fixed it, I just want to be able to see what devices are connecting to my wifi (and yes, it's password protected, so theoretically my neighbors shouldn't be stealing it).
Then something isn't jiving with the way you're entering your password. One time I encountered my "1" key wasn't working right and hence wouldn't allow me to enter my password correctly for certain things. There are also easier ways to monitor network traffic: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.overlook.android.fing&hl=en

I also remote rebooted my work laptop in Seattle and that helped as well.
That's independent of the issue you are describing.

^ So you're saying you use a "1" or "!" in your password, eh?
That may become useful in the future.

^ So you're saying you use a "1" or "!" in your password, eh?
That may become useful in the future.
Back in the day when I was uninformed. All my passwords now are 16 characters and randomized.

I also employ hardware firewall protection on my servers on my home network along with 256-bit encryption. :thumbs:

Yep. I can see the status of everything, but it doesn't like my password anymore. Frickin hackers...
giphy.gif

Back in the day when I was uninformed. All my passwords now are 16 characters and randomized.

I also employ hardware firewall protection on my servers on my home network along with 256-bit encryption. :thumbs:
Is that on your private email server you use for secure government communications?

That makes unlocking the phone a bitch while driving.  Reason 2801 why I don't want to work for the government.  Password must be 16 characters, only 60% of the characters can be reused from time to time, must change every 15 days. 

Is that on your private email server you use for secure government communications?
I see what you did there!  LOL  I work private sector. That's just my personal preference on password selection.

That makes unlocking the phone a bitch while driving.
That's an easy one. I don't use my phone while driving. And if using navigation, there's no need to unlock the screen as it remains active. :thumbs:

That makes unlocking the phone a bitch while driving.  Reason 2801 why I don't want to work for the government.  Password must be 16 characters, only 60% of the characters can be reused from time to time, must change every 15 days. 
yes then sadly you begin writing down your passwords which then of course defeats the purpose... 

I apologize. I will spam as much as I can before I head to the Giants - Dodgers game this afternoon! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back