April 2017 15k spam-a-thon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's hot outside and you don't want to heat up the house with an oven, then toaster oven.  Also, it tends to be way faster because you don't have to preheat.
Uh yeah save energy. Smaller space to heat up. Unless your baking for a family or thanksgiving, toaster oven should be your friend to crisp-itize that pizza slice

Nachos

Cinnamon sugar toast

Leftover Pizza

Chicken Wings

Hotdogs

Leftover hot sandwiches

Leftover hamburgers

I could keep going. I use the toaster oven almost every day.
Nachos... interesting, I have never used an oven or anything similar for nachos, they must be fancy ones.
Cinnamon sugar toast I have not heard of, but sounds interesting.
Pizza/wings I would just do in an oven so no loss there.
Hotdogs as in the first time cooking them? That's also a first for me to hear this method if so. I'd do stovetop or microwave if in a hurry.
Leftover sandwich/burger I suppose I could see, I rarely have leftovers like this so I'd probably use a microwave if it came to it.

I guess the toaster oven is one of those things you may not NEED, but can find a use for as opposed to going with it's bigger brother or an alternative.

Uh yeah save energy. Smaller space to heat up. Unless your baking for a family or thanksgiving, toaster oven should be your friend to crisp-itize that pizza slice
Faster warm-up i guess is a bigger point, I'm not sure energy difference would be too noticeable.

Nachos... interesting, I have never used an oven or anything similar for nachos, they must be fancy ones.
Pizza/wings I would just do in an oven so no loss there.
Hotdogs as in the first time cooking them? That's also a first for me to hear this method if so. I'd do stovetop or microwave if in a hurry.
Leftover sandwich/burger I suppose I could see, I rarely have leftovers like this so I'd probably use a microwave if it came to it.

I guess the toaster oven is one of those things you may not NEED, but can find a use for as opposed to going with it's bigger brother or an alternative.
The beautiful thing about the Toaster Oven is that it doesn't destroy the food the way a microwave does and it is MUCH quicker than a conventional oven.  Really, the Toaster Oven is the appliance you never knew you always needed.

(Also, cinnamon toast is the best! Take a piece of bread, spread butter over the entire surface, sprinkle the buttered surface with a generous amount of granulated sugar and cinnamon, then toast. The sugar caramelizes while the bread crisps up. It's my go-to dessert when I have nothing sweet in the house.)

The beautiful thing about the Toaster Oven is that it doesn't destroy the food the way a microwave does and it is MUCH quicker than a conventional oven.  Really, the Toaster Oven is the appliance you never knew you always needed.

(Also, cinnamon toast is the best! Take a piece of bread, spread butter over the entire surface, sprinkle the buttered surface with a generous amount of granulated sugar and cinnamon, then toast. The sugar caramelizes while the bread crisps up. It's my go-to dessert when I have nothing sweet in the house.)
We had this last night.

That reminds me of the rice cooker I bought, I've only ever used it for rice, but you can also steam things or get fancy and cook all kinds of non-rice things in the pot like cheesecake.

Nachos

Cinnamon sugar toast

Leftover Pizza

Chicken Wings

Hotdogs

Leftover hot sandwiches

Leftover hamburgers

I could keep going. I use the toaster oven almost every day.
This. :thumbs:

Nachos... interesting, I have never used an oven or anything similar for nachos, they must be fancy ones. <SMH>
Pizza/wings I would just do in an oven so no loss there. Sure, keep wasting that energy. It's your $$

I guess the toaster oven is one of those things you may not NEED, but can find a use for as opposed to going with it's bigger brother or an alternative. FALSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back