Anyone bought a cordless lawn mower?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Yardworks cordless mower with a 24V, 20Ah battery. I can mow the front, sides and back completely on one charge, but with little to spare and do not have what I consider a large yard. Also have a gas mower that I have not used in two years. The advantage with a cordless mower is easy starting and little or no maintenance (no changing oil or spark plug). My cordless mower has a cup holder that I often use to carry a can of beer while I mow.

Why not something cordless and without a carbon footprint (other than the production process and you own fuel): Reel Mowers and Fiskars from the Big Box
I did look into a cheaper version of those, but was told I'd flat out kill myself with it on a yard even my size. If I had one of those small in town lots with <1500 ft^2, I'd probably get one.
After reading tha Amazon reviews, that Fiskars actually looks like it might work in the yard!
I had a Scotts reel mower for a while when we moved into our new house, but I ended up going back to gas. It cut fine, but if you let your grass get a little too tall, it wouldn't cut well at all. Forget cutting the random tall sprigs that always pop up. If you stick to your mowing schedule you should be fine, but if you miss it by a few days, it turns into a lot of work.

My gas mower and trimmer are both cordless. I like them just fine :D
Beat me to it. :D

same for me except I have OFFICIALLY passed the lawn mowing duties on to my 12 year old..

He probably wishes he wouldnt have jumped on the "Hey I will give you my old Ipod touch if you mow the grass all summer" when I proposed that back in March......

I love the smell of gasoline and 2 cycle engine oil in the morning...

My current Yardman push mower (a rebranded Honda and the best mower bargain around) from Walmart was fine when I measured my yard in square feet, but with over two acres to take care of, that just ain't gonna cut it no more. When I get home, I'm going to look into something like this:

tmoweratv_main.jpg

And since quite a bit of it is overgrown woods, I can kill two birds with one stone...get the mower to mow and the ATV to pull the mower and brush and logs and....

My current Yardman push mower (a rebranded Honda and the best mower bargain around) from Walmart was fine when I measured my yard in square feet, but with over two acres to take care of, that just ain't gonna cut it no more. When I get home, I'm going to look into something like this:
tmoweratv_main.jpg

And since quite a bit of it is overgrown woods, I can kill two birds with one stone...get the mower to mow and the ATV to pull the mower and brush and logs and....
Reminds me of my Grandad's setup, although it was before my time. Back in the fifties or sixties, he had a riding mower with the blade removed that pulled a gang of three reel mowers.

Back