Any Stamp Questions?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PE Stamps

Reaction score
Does anyone have questions about stamp requirements or differences in types of stamps?

how much is this stamp worth?

SALE_Stamp_1358006c.jpg

I know this is a very old thread, but I have some questions about stamps in California.

What are the limitations on customizing the stamp. California's stamp is boring as hell (See attached picture). The board rules state:

"The seal shall be of a design similar to those shown below and shall bear at minimum those elements specified above."

How much leeway is in the term "similar"?

CA Stamp.JPG

I think it means you can choose between being a "Registered Professional Engineer", a "Licensed Professional Engineer". or simply a "Professional Engineer" along the top.

Otherwise, there is not much else customization involved since your name, number, and branch will be determined by what discipline you become licensed in. "State of California" also needs to be there.

Then the only other thing I can think of it that you get to pick blue or black ink for stamping... Maybe there are other options to that, but I only remember those two. I went with blue.

FWIW, almost every stamp is boring. I think like 43 of the 55 stamps are just concentric circles, occasionally with a less boring trim; name, state, number. And the rest are concentric circles with the state seal, symbol, or silhouette included; name, state, and number.

Indeed. I lobbied pretty vehemently with my state board to try and get this for my respective PE stamp. They weren't having it though. :(

WI-Engineer (Rebel).png

Indeed. I lobbied pretty vehemently with my state board to try and get this for my respective PE stamp. They weren't having it though. :(

View attachment 11991
Would have been awesome! The board(s) are such sticklers with no sense of humor. A friend and I were talking about trying to get the border to be something cool like the Viking World Serpent (Jormungand) 

jormungandr_the_midgard_serpent__large.jpg

b102_-_copy.jpg

Just got my stamp from @PE Stamps.

Question for the masses - I don't intend to use my self-inking stamp all that much. Is it better to store it expanded (where the stamp is touching the pad) (but also probably laying on its side) or folded with the cover (not touching, but obviously i don't want it to dry out?

Question for the masses - I don't intend to use my self-inking stamp all that much. Is it better to store it expanded (where the stamp is touching the pad) (but also probably laying on its side) or folded with the cover (not touching, but obviously i don't want it to dry out?
I keep it in the neutral position (no expansion). Cap on. The orientation is kinda random since its in a frequently used drawer.

I keep it in the neutral position (no expansion). Cap on. The orientation is kinda random since its in a frequently used drawer.
In addition, the vendor I purchased my stamp from also offered refill ink. So I purchased a small tube of that. Though it's likely that could very well be dried up by now too. For my recent stamping activities, I've taken that to the digital format almost exclusively. Both *.DWG and *.DXF formats with actual line-work. Which can be scaled/positioned in just about any manner. Much more efficient for those lengthy drawing sets. :thumbs:

I know this is a very old thread, but I have some questions about stamps in California.

What are the limitations on customizing the stamp. California's stamp is boring as hell (See attached picture). The board rules state:

"The seal shall be of a design similar to those shown below and shall bear at minimum those elements specified above."

How much leeway is in the term "similar"?

View attachment 11990
I bought this bear stamp. According to their site it is valid.

@PE Stamps should be able to confirm.

https://www.pestamps.com/product/california-professional-engineer-bear-stamp/

image.png

Wow, I never realized how boring some stamps can be. I'm glad Louisiana's stamp includes the pelican and a couple stars. (Official board authorized designs below)

View attachment 13267

Last edited by a moderator:
In Tx, do we have to use the stamp with our Firm # on it? Assuming we are our own entity. Ive received mine but ordered just the one with my license # being my business formation isn't ready yet. 

Sorry if this has been asked before, but what recommendations do you have for creating your signature for your stamp? I'm probably going to go with PE Stamps to get my digital stamps and am wondering the best way to make and upload my signature. 

Does anyone have questions about stamp requirements or differences in types of stamps?
Whats the deal with Rhode Island?  With my license I got a poorly made memo from 2013 which states there are two authorized dealers, one of which is closed. 

Has there been any issues with people ordering RI PE stamps from PEStamps.com?

Back