Any recent GA Tech or Colorado School of Mines graduates?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
My kid needs to interview (via email) a current or recent graduate of either GaTEch and or Colorado School of mines for a school project?

Any help will be appreciated!

shots-fired-meme-generator-shots-fired-08537a.jpg

We just hired a recent GT grad. He just graduated in December, is that recent enough?

He may be willing to participate. Send me some more details and I can ask him.

Just out of curiosity, why does it need to be a GT or School of Mines grad? That seems rather specific.

He has to do a research paper on how much college will cost, how much mom and dad will pay, etc. So he choose GT, Colorado School of Mines, and the Air Force Academy. I guess he has to conduct an email or phone interview with a current or recent student.. Kind of a good idea for a freshman to be honest. When we went over how (little) we have saved for all 3 kids to go to college I think his eyes sunk in... ,Sorry kid, this is the real world..

He takes after his great-grandfather (who went to GT) and not me, he wants to take a math class this summer so he can take Calculus in the Fall (Sophomore). He has all A's in school except a C in engrish. So that may make him an Engineer?

Any help would be appreciated if your new hire wouldn't mind doing it you can send me his email through PM?

Luckily he only has to do 2 out of the 3 schools he chose to research... finding someone attending the AFA would be tough..

He has all A's in school except a C in engrish. So that may make him an Engineer?

When I was a senior in HS, I rrrreally didn't want to take Comprehensive English 12. Didn't read any of the summer reading books, didn't want to be stuck writing multiple 10 page reports, etc. I did well enough on the ACT that I had been accepted to college over the summer between my Junior and Senior year so I had my dad call the college and ask them if I had to take and English classes. They said they didn't care as long as I took whatever I needed in order to graduate. I dropped the class and signed up for Home-Economics instead. Mom still has the apron I made for her in that class.

Two of the ladies I work with graduated from Mines. One just took her PE, the other graduated within the last 2 years.

Dex- Let me ask him if 2 years is close enough, it probably is. If you think they wouldn't mind answering a 15 year olds questions feel free to PM me their email address? or I can send you his> thanks!

I work with a guy who got his Master's at Mines, but that was 15 years ago....

When I was in high school and applying for colleges in Colorado, I was contemplating whether to apply for Mines. I was working in the receiving section of a Target store with a current Mines engineering student at the time, unloading trucks, and his advice to me was that Mines was great, provided that I never wanted to meet a girl.

So I went to Colorado State.

^At least Mines is near a large city where women exist. My alma mater had no women within a 2 hour drive.

Did the girls have hairy legs and armpits back then or is that just the current crop of students?

Ok so my kid somehow found a mines student!

I have a friend whose fiancee's sister graduated from the AFA less than 3 years ago.

Back