Android

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

udpolo15

Reaction score
Quick question regarding Android. If I install a Android on a device, can I use any Android application or do they need to be developed specifically for the device.

medium_149.jpg

Quick question regarding Android. If I install a Android on a device, can I use any Android application or do they need to be developed specifically for the device.
There are different versions of Android and some applications may not work with a specific version or place nice with a specific device (especially considering the screen resolutions vary significantly). But if you're going to "install a Android on a device" I'd think you already know this... so what do you mean by that?

Today you can't go wrong with a Motorola Droid, but there are many other devices expected in the next few months that might be better.

what ray said. if the version is compatible then yes. also... android is all open so if it doesn't work / there's not an app you want, you can hack your own! (unlike apple)

Thanks. I was looking at picking up one of these
http://www.alwaysinnovating.com/home/index.htm

and was thinking that I may want to install Android since I would likely have more options in terms of programs.
That's some bleeding edge idea you've got there. I know that Android can certainly be installed on a netbook (it's really nothing more than a mobile operating system running on the Linux kernel), but I don't know what it'd really buy you.

Latest posts

Back