Android vs iOS US Map

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orchid PE

Member? You 'member.
Reaction score
IDK If these are getting old, but I enjoy seeing comparisons of different states.

Here's an interesting one. The map makes it look like iOS dominates the market, yet the market share of iOS is ~54% and Android is ~42%. Significantly different from the market share numbers for the world (Android 74%, iOS 24%), but that is to be expected. 

04pfFb8Qq6hL8t5Z0qdU4im-2.fit_scale.size_1275x717.v1569489833.jpg

I have two phones, my personal phone and my work phone. My personal runs Android and my work runs iOS. I have come to despise iOS ever since I got this work phone. I find Android more intuitive and user-friendly, but that's probably because I've been using Android since the Nexus One was released (2010). I had never owned an iPhone until last year. I do, however, use a Macbook and iMac at the house for personal use.

I had a couple of kind of fun years with Android. I think my mistake was going with the Pixel.. Well, actually, I really liked my original Pixel, but lost it and hated the Pixel 2.

Before that and now (after), I've been a member of the iPhone world. I can't say I love my iPhone, but it's just easier to have when almost everyone else I know also has an iPhone.

I had a couple of kind of fun years with Android. I think my mistake was going with the Pixel.. Well, actually, I really liked my original Pixel, but lost it and hated the Pixel 2.

Before that and now (after), I've been a member of the iPhone world. I can't say I love my iPhone, but it's just easier to have when almost everyone else I know also has an iPhone.
I agree with the last part, but still...

hanis-android-gif-best.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back