An unfortunate name

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^What's the big deal? I once took a girl out for a date at McDonald's.

I tried to impress her by pulling out my two-for-one coupon.

She just smiled and pulled out her employee I.D.

True love - it is the greatest thing in the world (except a mice MLT - you know, a mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich - where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatos are just ripe)

I guy I knew in middle / high school was named John Harold Long. I don't know if its true or not, but his parents once told us that they were planning on using his two grandfathers first names, Harold and Richard, until they realized that in the Last name first presentation, that could be construed as Long, Harry Dick.
at least they thought about it!!!

As long as this thread it totally derailed...
I'm in an MBA program at night. Many of the students there are from India, and they are all software engineers. (Think Samir from Office Space.)

Apparently, McDonalds is considered to be a place to take a date on a Friday night. As opposed to here, where it would be seen as so cheap you'd get smacked in the face.

And this is from well educated, white collar folks in modern, progressive areas. Just interesting I thought.
I beleive it. When we were in Switzerland, Mc Donalds was EXPENSIVE. Even with the favorable exchange rate a big mac meal was like $8 US dollar...although they didn't get the special sauce right.

^^^What's the big deal? I once took a girl out for a date at McDonald's.
I tried to impress her by pulling out my two-for-one coupon.

She just smiled and pulled out her employee I.D.

True love - it is the greatest thing in the world (except a mice MLT - you know, a mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich - where the mutton is nice and lean, and the tomatos are just ripe)
Love the princess Bride reference.

I beleive it. When we were in Switzerland, Mc Donalds was EXPENSIVE. Even with the favorable exchange rate a big mac meal was like $8 US dollar...although they didn't get the special sauce right.
Outside of Denali National Park, $5 footlongs at Subway were $9. And a jar of salsa and bag of chips were $15.

We passed on it, but burgers at some dive there were pushing $20 I think.

Outside of Denali National Park, $5 footlongs at Subway were $9. And a jar of salsa and bag of chips were $15.

We passed on it, but burgers at some dive there were pushing $20 I think.
subway prices were like that in Hawaii too. Even in the radio spots for subway they say the $5 footlong deal doen't apply in Alaska or Hawaii.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in an MBA program at night. Many of the students there are from India, and they are all software engineers. (Think Samir from Office Space.)
Apparently, McDonalds is considered to be a place to take a date on a Friday night. As opposed to here, where it would be seen as so cheap you'd get smacked in the face.
Whoa! Every last Indian I have ever known in grad school stays 10 feet away from anything dead that used to say "moo".

Back