Alabama - Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmbeck

Reaction score
The Alabama results were mailed from NCEES on the 13th. I was hoping to hear something today, but I don't think we will.

And the website is horrible. I called them to see if they had been received last week, and the lady was very rude and told me the website was updated every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I politely informed her that the site referred to the LS results being expected around the 3rd, and that this was a week later. They updated the results that day.

I hate to call again, so I'm sure we'll get the results before the website is updated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alabama has now posted on their website that PE results were mailed out today. Look for something in your mailbox tomorrow or wednesday.

I'm glad that I didn't take the exam; my heart would be racing from now to when I got the letter...

Good Luck!!!! I wish you the best...

ktulu (fellow Alabamian)

Yeah, I was wrong. I just saw that on the website and was coming over here to post it.

So, tomorrow or Wednesday. Let's see, a possible notice that I failed, and it's the year we spend Christmas with the in-laws. Wow, I can't wait for 2008. This year has been a killer.

Good luck all. In addition to the PE test you are all getting a cardiac stress test.

I have been staring at that Alabama website for days now... where did you see that the results were mailed yesterday?

I have spoken with the ladies there in Montgomery while I was filing my application. They seemed to be pretty nice. I guess maybe too many people have been calling. I am guilty of emailing them once regarding results.

If the results were mailed from Montgomery yesterday, I should see something today if the mail is running well. Good luck to all!

The "blue box" on the front page is where they post any news. They updated it hours after I made the post that started this thread.

I expect to get it today as well. I told my wife that I'll either be really happy when she gets home or really grumpy.

Compared to the last week, the first 45 days flew by. It wasn't until the middle of last week I started getting anxious.

Good luck to everyone as well. This is my first attempt. I dread the thought of having to prepare as well as take that exam again.

I just realized that I hadn't bookmarked the home page- I had the PE application page bookmarked. I thought the blue box on the left was the box they were talking about....

What a goofball. :screwloose:

Thanks.

Did you take the exam in B'ham or Mobile?

If it was in B'ham, what did you think of the "band practice" during the afternoon session?

I put my plugs in as soon as I heard it. I don't think it lasted more than 15 minutes, but it still rattled a few people.

I took it in Birmingham. The noise didn't bother me near as much as the temperature in the room. I kept my jacket on thru the afternoon session.

I hope I don't have to go thru that again.

WOW, ONLY 48% CIVIL passed, that makes waiting for results that much funner! sense the sarcasm

No joke! Just seeing that statistic makes me a little sick. 51% from ABET schools...so maybe I fell into the extra few percent.
48%! OMG, now I think I am going to be sick. Hopefully I'm not in the majority!

48%! OMG, now I think I am going to be sick. Hopefully I'm not in the majority!
I have to think those numbers don't tell the whole story. It's reporting nationally that only 48% passed? Well go back and look at the results posted for the April 2007 exam, it too lists the pass rate at 48% for civil nationally.

http://www.bels.alabama.gov/pdfs/Stats%20o...20PE%20Exam.pdf

But if you go to the NCEES webpage for the 2007 pass rates it lists 67% for fisrt time takers and 34% for repeat examinies. So things might not be as bleak as they appear (if you are a first time taker).

http://www.ncees.org/exams/pass_rates/

Last edited by a moderator:
Back