Air port hangars

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman

Dope
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I could find construction drawings for a T hangar that would meet most local building codes. This particular building will be in Wasilla Alaska. The only unique aspect would be a snow load for the roof, I believe its 55 lb/sf for a 50 year snow storm, 55 lb in one sf the hangar would be buried lol.

Anyways any information on where I could get detailed drawings to build something from would be great. Also do most building codes require you to pave the ground below the hangar (if I left it dirt it would save me 7800$, my dad already has the hangar door and most of the metal so I would just have to buy the insulation, heater and maybe a solar panal or something, it will be a lease at a municipal air port which is why I have to have things build to code and I dont want it falling apart around my 70k plane lol (once I buy it).

Ironman,

You should take a look at your seismic loads. Snow ain't the only thing that AK has.

Oh so this is in Wasilla. Can you see Russia from your front steps?

..... couldn't ... help.... it....

Does anyone know where I could find construction drawings for a T hangar that would meet most local building codes. This particular building will be in Wasilla Alaska. The only unique aspect would be a snow load for the roof, I believe its 55 lb/sf for a 50 year snow storm, 55 lb in one sf the hangar would be buried lol.
Anyways any information on where I could get detailed drawings to build something from would be great. Also do most building codes require you to pave the ground below the hangar (if I left it dirt it would save me 7800$, my dad already has the hangar door and most of the metal so I would just have to buy the insulation, heater and maybe a solar panal or something, it will be a lease at a municipal air port which is why I have to have things build to code and I dont want it falling apart around my 70k plane lol (once I buy it).

Don't listen to sschell. That never ends in anything but a fat dossier with the NSA.

Or so I've been told.

Yeah, sschell. "What could go wrong?" Remember that?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah... and in retrospect, we should have known that letting the Blue Angles in on the action was a bad idea... but man, what a night!

I gotta admit, there's nothing quite like a good game of "Will it eat the turbofan or will the turbofan eat it?"

or as it will forever be known: "The Begining Of The End"

...so which was a better show going through the turbine, the drum of marshmallow crème, or VTE's entire shoe collection?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back