Tips for Maryland Test Takers

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read the earlier post about clear plastic bins, is it possible to bring those in addition to the suitcases? So I can organize everything in the bins and put the suitcases against a wall?
I haven't seen/heard of anyone doing that in the past but I would assume its allowable.

Thanks for this extremely helpful thread! I have been reading this since back in the spring before the exam got cancelled, and will share updates afterwards!

I did want to ask about the "hooded sweaters"...I know through the NCEES guidelines it says they aren't allowed, but do they just mean that you cannot have the hood up, or do they actually prohibit us from wearing them at all? Thanks in advance!

I did want to ask about the "hooded sweaters"...I know through the NCEES guidelines it says they aren't allowed, but do they just mean that you cannot have the hood up, or do they actually prohibit us from wearing them at all? Thanks in advance!
I would err on the side of caution and not bring in anything with a hood.

Also, don't forget to complete and bring your ncees covid screening questionnaire

I would err on the side of caution and not bring in anything with a hood.

Also, don't forget to complete and bring your ncees covid screening questionnaire
Time to find non-hooded layers...And yes, I've got it printed out with the exam authorization, thanks!

Also for anyone that is curious, a friend confirmed with NCEES that there will be 201 exam takers on Oct. 22 for Maryland.

Time to find non-hooded layers...And yes, I've got it printed out with the exam authorization, thanks!

Also for anyone that is curious, a friend confirmed with NCEES that there will be 201 exam takers on Oct. 22 for Maryland.
You gotta get on Taylor Swift's level and get yourself a cardigan :)

Any word on how many test takers on the 23rd? 

images

HAHA luckily it seems to be a warmer day given it's late October!

I'm not sure about the 23rd, but my friend asked through the NCEES chat feature to find out for the 22nd, so you can probably find out by sending a chat!

Best of luck with the final study days! 💪

We're about two weeks out so it's time for the semi-annual bump.

Good luck everyone!
Giving structural PE second time. Really you guys are awesome by maintaining this thread. Any last minute tips or any place I can find mock tests or something like that ?

Thanks

@keviv Well, first things first, the location has changed this year. I'm familiar with the location since I've attended LOTS of events there in the past. Easy parking but it could be a bear getting in and out, depending on the number of test takers, so bring your patience.

Don't wear a hoodie. That's like the one thing that stands out to me. This will be my first attempt during COVID. Looking for others to chime in with information on that. I see there's a COVID questionnaire that needs to be completed and turned in on test day.

Last edited:
Good luck everyone! I took the exam in October, so some COVID notes:
-Yes, there's a questionnaire, have it filled out before you come, but I THINK they have blank copies at the site.
-As you go in, they'll take your temperature with a digital thermometer
-You get a table to yourself, all tables are socially distanced, but you still have to put suitcases/carts on walls
-The proctors were a little lax on mask etiquette in my opinion, I had to ask one of them mid exam to ask an adjacent test taker to pull their mask up over their nose.
-With the exams being spread out over two days, parking isn't an issue. But PLEASE arrive early enough so everyone isn't waiting on you to get your resources set up at 8:01. I would say it takes at least 15 minutes to comfortably get set up and relaxed.
-DEFINITELY bring cushions or something, those chairs are very uncomfortable without them.

Those are the specific things that I remember from October. If anyone has any specific questions regarding the COVID procedures, feel free to ask.

Good luck everyone! I took the exam in October, so some COVID notes:
-Yes, there's a questionnaire, have it filled out before you come, but I THINK they have blank copies at the site.
-As you go in, they'll take your temperature with a digital thermometer
-You get a table to yourself, all tables are socially distanced, but you still have to put suitcases/carts on walls
-The proctors were a little lax on mask etiquette in my opinion, I had to ask one of them mid exam to ask an adjacent test taker to pull their mask up over their nose.
-With the exams being spread out over two days, parking isn't an issue. But PLEASE arrive early enough so everyone isn't waiting on you to get your resources set up at 8:01. I would say it takes at least 15 minutes to comfortably get set up and relaxed.
-DEFINITELY bring cushions or something, those chairs are very uncomfortable without them.

Those are the specific things that I remember from October. If anyone has any specific questions regarding the COVID procedures, feel free to ask.
Where was your exam? Martins West or Fairgrounds?

@keviv Well, first things first, the location has changed this year.
OOC, where is the exam this year? Martins West?

Regardless of location, I'll still bump this thread for the last time in October.

Ok, I'm assuming thatthe Fairgrounds might be converted to a vaccine site. I think it's being used for testing now. I think.
Looks like the fairgrounds are both testing and vaccination now. It's a pretty logical location for both.

BC says it's a drive up testing site Tue-Thr.
https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/covid-19/testing
State of Maryland has it listed as a vaccination site as of yesterday April 7.
https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/da...e134_4?geometry=-76.958,39.400,-76.305,39.493https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine#locator

OOC, where is the exam this year? Martins West?

Regardless of location, I'll still bump this thread for the last time in October.

Looks like the fairgrounds are both testing and vaccination now. It's a pretty logical location for both.

BC says it's a drive up testing site Tue-Thr.
https://www.baltimorecountymd.gov/covid-19/testing
State of Maryland has it listed as a vaccination site as of yesterday April 7.
https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/da...e134_4?geometry=-76.958,39.400,-76.305,39.493https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine#locator
Yep! Martins West in Windsor Mill/Woodlawn. MUCH closer to me, so I'm happy.

Assuming the October exam will follow the same 2-day format, please please PLEASE check your exam authorization for the correct date prior to exam day.

I was standing around and waiting to ask the head proctor a question and while doing so, I witnessed one person talking to the head proctor and telling her that he should be admitted because his exam is today (Friday). The head proctor pointed it out to him and told him his exam was yesterday (Thursday). He missed his exam.

I thought he was going to pass out. He was, understandably, upset.

Last sentimental bump.

The final P&P PE exams will be offered on Thursday/Friday this week. I don't know if it will be held at the State Fairgrounds or somewhere else, but I hope that Marylanders will still find some of the information in this thread useful.

Good luck this week. Come back and let us known how you found the experience.

Back