Afternoon - Code Reference

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carls88

Reaction score
Any suggestions for how detailed to get with code references for the afternoon essay problems?

Do you need to write code sections, tables, equation numbers down? Or just provide a more general reference?

I know that any assumptions you make must be clearly stated.

I'm taking Lateral next weekend - I took both vertical and lateral in October, even though much of my study time was on vertial only - passed Vertical and was very close to pasing lateral.

I put the code sections I wanted to reference in brackets on the right margin. If you have time this helps your reviewer know where you were pulling your info and, even if you've made errors in your calcs due to rushing, you still show you know the applicable sections of the code to use.

My $0.02

Good luck

If you know it, write it, that's how I operate.

Same for me, if it takes a second to write out the equation number or other reference number I'll do it. If I have to hunt for it for more than a second or if I've already called out a section and it should be obvious I omit the reference.

Back