A Nose Hair Story

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nose hair: as a guy grows older, his nose hair grows longer. Eventually it needs to be trimmed. A

• 18-25

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 25-30

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 30-35

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 35-40

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 40-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45-50

• 50+

• MEN: I've never trimmed my nose hair

• WOMEN: I've never trimmed my nose hair

• Total voters
I think it has to do with whether one uses the left or right hand to pick and if the picker uses the right hand rule.
If you'd like to do it in terms of residual stresses, a left handed pick with inwards (septum-directed) force would create a clockwise curl from the picker's perspective, while a right handed pick would induce a counter-clockwise curl.

If you'd like to do it in terms of residual stresses, a left handed pick with inwards (septum-directed) force would create a clockwise curl from the picker's perspective, while a right handed pick would induce a counter-clockwise curl.
You put WAY too much thought into that.

Nah.

Just use the ribbon and the desk scenario. Take a ribbon, pull it taught over the edge of a desk, and it will always give it an inwards curl.

Nah.
Just use the ribbon and the desk scenario. Take a ribbon, pull it taught over the edge of a desk, and it will always give it an inwards curl.
I believe my statement stands.

BTW, where do you get ribbon? From your scrapbooking stuff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lets be realistic here. Anything I'd unwrap of VT certainly isn't impressive enough to tie a ribbon around.

don't you hate it when you wake up after a long night of drinking and there's a ribbon tied around... something.... and you cant remember why...

you know it is supposed to remind you to do something... but I am a Gigantic DoucheBag

Back