A Nose Hair Story

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nose hair: as a guy grows older, his nose hair grows longer. Eventually it needs to be trimmed. A

• 18-25

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 25-30

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • 30-35

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • 35-40

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • 40-45

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 45-50

• 50+

• MEN: I've never trimmed my nose hair

• WOMEN: I've never trimmed my nose hair

• Total voters

PE-ness

Advanced Member
Reaction score
Allright, so maybe this belongs under the manscaping thread, but I figured I'd post this as a separate story, a warning you might say.

I went for several weeks with a painful, burning, irritated spot right below my left nostril. I thought maybe I had shaved it down too closely, but after a few weeks of being real careful with the razor, I still had that incredibly irritating sensation in that one spot.

And then I figured it out: it was a #*^*@!!( nose hair! The damn thing had grown out of my nose at such an angle and was so stiff that it was actually piercing my skin, like a tiny needle, over and over again in the same basic spot. Quite frequently, this sensation was more pronounced after eating, or talking alot.... you know, working the mouth a lot. Grinding it in.

So I finally realized that I have reached the age where my nose hairs require trimming. :eek:ld-025:

So I was just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, or at what age did you realize you had to start trimming your nose hairs.

I put 30-35 - didn't trim 'em back then (yanked 'em) - now i have a manual trimmer, and an attachment for the facial hair trimmer to really lay waste to the offending hairs.

Wait'll it starts sprouting out of your ears. . .

Probably when I was 20 or 21. Its not so much a volume thing as it is one or two stray hairs that love to grow at a weird angle that protrude and look rather lengthy. I just use one of those electric whirly-gigs with the blades that look like the mouth of a dune-worm.

I can see letting the eyebrows go wild, but guys that let the nose hair and the ear hair stick out like tumbleweeds I can't figure out.

Whenver one pokes out I just pluck it out on the spot. Sometimes I even get a nice booger along with it.
I've heard that plucking nose hairs is a no-no. Supposedly leaves you very vulnerable to ingrown hairs and infection.

Yup, .. nose...ears...back...

I also have two wildly long eyebrow hairs that I keep trimming, but I'm thinking about letting them go and going for the young Thufir Hawat look.

Last edited by a moderator:
I get these long, shock white monsters I suddenly discover when they protrude about 1/8"-1/4" from the schnozz.

I've heard that plucking nose hairs is a no-no. Supposedly leaves you very vulnerable to ingrown hairs and infection.
never heard that before... I guess that means its time to invest in a trimmer... I always pluck mine... I had one this weekend that had a full 540 degree sprial to it... I was impressed, I dont normally get corkscrews.

never heard that before... I guess that means its time to invest in a trimmer... I always pluck mine... I had one this weekend that had a full 540 degree sprial to it... I was impressed, I dont normally get corkscrews.
The question everyone is pondering is: was it clockwise or counter-clockwise?

The question everyone is pondering is: was it clockwise or counter-clockwise?

you're in a thread called a nose hair story.... what were you expecting?

counter.
So does this mean we can assume the coriolis effect applies to nose hair growth? We need someone from Australia on this forum....

So does this mean we can assume the coriolis effect applies to nose hair growth? We need someone from Australia on this forum....
I think it has to do with whether one uses the left or right hand to pick and if the picker uses the right hand rule.

Latest posts

Back