A future of thirst: Water crisis lies on the horizon

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgz5-8chSlk

Sorry. the planet is 2/3 covered by water, albeit salt water, but that's what desalinization is for. We ain't running out anytime soon

1241638906_gut-hit-by-tree-root.gif

This shit ain't no joke, one of my first crews we had an inexperienced guy felling and somehow he spun the tree the wrong direction, it hit another one that was dead and took it down and the second one swung around and hit one of the other techs pinning him between it and a third live tree. Total disaster, first you got to extricate him, then hike out of the woods with a 200 lb injured guy, then drive to the first house we came to to use their phone to call 911. (this was back before everyone had cell phones). Guy's arm was completely shattered and he was a bloody mess.

This shit ain't no joke, one of my first crews we had an inexperienced guy felling and somehow he spun the tree the wrong direction, it hit another one that was dead and took it down and the second one swung around and hit one of the other techs pinning him between it and a third live tree. Total disaster, first you got to extricate him, then hike out of the woods with a 200 lb injured guy, then drive to the first house we came to to use their phone to call 911. (this was back before everyone had cell phones). Guy's arm was completely shattered and he was a bloody mess.
buzzkill

buzzkill
yup. I also get totally pissed off when I see people using chainsaws with out PPE too (even the little farm boss ones can chew up your flesh and tear open an artery) and don't even get me started about all the dudes that disable the brake, good grief that's one good way to increase your chances of getting your face tore off.

and all I wanted to do was have a conversation about water.

Back