9 Iconic Brands That Could Soon Be Dead

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ripped look in jeans is out, BTW. Ask any teenager.

Yup... it's all skinny jeans with no place for a butt now for men (according to my husband who is now shopping for used jeans to avoid this trend).

Wrangler and Lee FTMFW! I have the male version of "the tank" and these two brands are still good.

I have a feeling Jimmy Fallon won't win over the Tonight Show demographic after Leno is given the boot.

People said that about Jay Leno, too.

I don't recall that. I thought that was a really orderly transition (despite Letterman going ballistic, but he didn't really appeal to that demographic either--look at his current ratings), fully endorsed by Carson, and they attempted to appeal to the same demographic.

NBC is trying to lure younger viewers. Tonight show has traditionally been an older crowd, and the current demographics reflect that.

I like Fallon a lot, but I don't think he's going to play to the current demo, or attract a younger demo to that slot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Carson actually wanted Letterman instead of Leno...

I don't remember it that way, but it was 20 some odd years ago.

Letterman wouldn't have worked. I like him, but my parents and grandparents absolutely hated him. "He's stupid." The games and silliness didn't appeal to them.

Fallon has the same issues.

Heck, I could be wrong. I hope so. I just don't think so.

Does ?uestlove go with Fallon? Really, I'm in bed before any of these shows, but I like seeing Fallon clips. Well, mostly Justin Timberlake. I like Justin Timberlake.

1779289.jpg

^^^ I can't help but enjoy whenever JT is on SNL or any other show where acting is required. He's good and, unlike the majority of "boy band" / heart throb guys, he has some talent.

Letterman sucks. I don't like Seinfeld for the same reason: something about NYC "comedy" just isn't funny to me.

I can't stay up late enough to watch any of these shows so mark me down as someone that just doesn't care. :D

I don't mind Fallon. He's funny and I think it would be good to give him a shot on prime time. Basically it was the same way that Leno got his when replacing Carson IIRC. But on that same note, I'm usually up late doing homework or working on a project. Not watching TV. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind Fallon. He's funny and I think it would be good to give him a shot on prime time. Basically it was the same way that Leno got his when replacing Carson IIRC. But on that same note, I'm usually up late doing homework or working on project. Not watching TV. LOL
One guy that I never got into was Conan

Conan was a decent writer, but a horrible comedian. I think the NBC execs were doing some serious drugs when they replaced Leno with that clown.

Back