6-Minute solutions worth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

% of 6-Minute solutions seen on exam

• 100%-80%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 80%-60%

• 60%-40%

• 40%-20%

• 20%-0%

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

WR/ENV_Instructor

WR/ENV Instructor/Author
Reaction score
I have read numerous times that the 6-minutes solutions is one of your best bets for studying for the WR exam. For those of you that have already taken the exam, what % of the problems seen on the exam were found one way or another in the 6-minutes exercises (WR, Env, & Geo). Where I am going is if the percentage is small, why even bother working the manuals (sometimes numerous times)? Shouldn't we instead be using our time to study reference material instead?

You need more than to just study the reference material. You need practice working problems. The sample problems covered in the 6-minute solutions cover the suggested topics ELSES/NCEES tells you to study. The problems are not word for word the same on the tests but are of the same level of difficulty.

For the April 2006 exam, I had worked so many practice problems (4 months, 5 hours/day, 5 days/week), I was solving the PE questions in my head.

RleonPE

13.gif

I think the single best thing that six-minute solutions does for you is to help frame the relative structure and difficulty of problems that will be encountered on the exam. When one is reaching for an 'idea' of what the exam will look/feel like this publication allows you to put your arms around it.

:thumbs:

JR

Back