6 minute solution help

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCcarguy

Reaction score
Transportation 6 minute solution problem # 56 It asks for the minimum thickness recommended by the asphalt institute for a surface course applied over type II or type II emulsified asphalt.

I have looked back and forth through this stupid book and have YET to find any recommended thicknesses. Anybody familiar with this book? can you tell me where to find that type information?

NCcarguy,

Go to Page 471 of the Asphalt Handbook and see table 11.7 The table will give you the minimum thicknesses for over either a Type I base or a Type II and Type III base.

The trick is knowing what ESAL to use for light, medium, and heavy (this is what I assumed):

<1x10^4 is light

medium in between

>1x10^6 - heavy

-Ray

Your welcome... I wish I could remember where I found the ESAL for light, medium, and heavy... all I know is that it ended up in my notebook.

Good luck, and let us know if you have any other questions you want some help on... I can generally look any of them up, just need to go home and find the right book(s).

-Ray

Back