Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just looked back in May... they posted the morning of May 19th saying the board would release results in the next 14 days.... wow.
CA sent me results May 27 in spring...so you're right. had to wait a while.

End of the week... it's just far out enough to be believable... Now this is how you troll.

I think anything this week is premature. Let's hope for next week.

It took California 30 business days to post the results of the exams following the April 2016 test date (April 15 to May 27). Based on posts on these boards, that was a fast turnaround. The October exam test date was October 28, and 30 business days from that date is December 14 (after factoring in days off for Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and the day after Thanksgiving). I'm still hopeful for this week, but next week is more likely. Number of business days is the most accurate way to guesstimate this.

Also, the number of business days from the April 2016 test date to the release of results to state boards was 24 business days (April 15 to May 19). 24 business days from the October 2016 test date would be today (12/6). I would expect California posting results as early as December 14, but more likely the end of next week or into the week of Dec 19. 

Since this is a semi-serious thread and it's about CA.. When CA releases results, do they release the national exam results plus the two state (seismic and survey) exams all together or do the state exam results come later?

Since this is a semi-serious thread and it's about CA.. When CA releases results, do they release the national exam results plus the two state (seismic and survey) exams all together or do the state exam results come later?
I expect separate notices for PE/SE as they did the same in April

So CA says results imminent; NCEES says states are yet to receive results. What have we learned from this, am I missing something?
It means they already have the results, but have not decided when to release them.

If I only took the CA seismic and surveying exams this time, should I be able to see "pending" on the NCEES website?  I took (and passed) the national portion in April, and I can see that one online, but I do not see anything for the october seismic and surveying on there.  Is this normal?

Thanks! :)

Release on a Friday? That would not be keeping with the longstanding California tradition of making people sweat out an entire weekend (after other states had released)... then waiting til midweek

Release on a Friday? That would not be keeping with the longstanding California tradition of making people sweat out an entire weekend (after other states had released)... then waiting til midweek
Yeah, I think CA is usually released on Tuesdays. Do others agree?

I wouldn't be opposed to finding out later this week though! haha

If I only took the CA seismic and surveying exams this time, should I be able to see "pending" on the NCEES website?  I took (and passed) the national portion in April, and I can see that one online, but I do not see anything for the october seismic and surveying on there.  Is this normal?

Thanks! :)
No I don't think the CA specific tests show up... I took and passed the 8-hr and seismic in April, but did not see it on NCEES. Just waiting for my surveying results now... I think we just get the emails. 

1 hour ago, Struct_Engineer530 said: If I only took the CA seismic and surveying exams this time, should I be able to see "pending" on the NCEES website?  I took (and passed) the national portion in April, and I can see that one online, but I do not see anything for the october seismic and surveying on there.  Is this normal?
Thanks! [emoji4]
No I don't think the CA specific tests show up... I took and passed the 8-hr and seismic in April, but did not see it on NCEES. Just waiting for my surveying results now... I think we just get the emails. 
Did you just get your seismic results in the mail? After or before your 8 hour results?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Did you just get your seismic results in the mail? After or before your 8 hour results?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
The results for the California state specific exams usually come a couple of hours after you find out your NCEES 8 hour exam results. You'll be emailed a password then a password protected PDF will be sent you with the exam results and the status of your license (based on exams passing, fingerprinting).

I just got this in from my contact at the board. He told me, "[SIZE=11pt]We are currently working with Prometric on the exam results and review. I can’t give you an estimated date yet, except to say that it should be in the next two weeks." I don't know if this is they have the results and they are reviewing them and should be releasing them when they finish reviewing them and they get the 8 hr results in from ncees.[/SIZE]

Hopefully, this time CA will be more fast. Next, they will change the application process and will release the results before submit applications.

Back