Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Road Guy

Reaction score
so I know I am a decade late, but I have been watching 24 on netflix (about the only thing its good for is streaming old shows you missed)

I thought season 1 was very good, season 2 was a little out there, now I am 2/3 of the way through season 3 and I just can see any of it fitting into the realm of reality..

I mean. you create a lie for the president who trust you so that you have an excuse to break into a prison where several innocent folks get killed, and then thus far its all for nothing??

Someone tell me that seasons 4+ get a little closer back to reality??

I've watched all of the seasons of 24, but the problem is they all run together now. They are a little out there in terms of being realistic, and the first season was probably the best. They all follow the same premise in that there's some huge crisis, Jack gets in trouble doing things his own way, there's a mole in CTU, etc. I enjoyed the series, but you do have to take what they do with a grain of salt since it can be over the top.

yeah I have noticed they have some serious flaws in attracting moles!

Although I dont think the Season 3 mole has been exposed yet (i am thinking its the nervous girl that has the baby thats not hers or something)

Also the married folks working in the same shop wouldnt be allowed for that type of work.. its enjoyable but I think its almost a little "too" out there.. I am thinking it was written for post 911 era when it was "kill em all and let God sort them out" type mentality (not that I disagree with that)

I saw them, all but the last season, one after the other, so they sort of run together, but they kinda sucked after a while.

I saw em all too - dropped out after the one season where a 'small' nuclear device detonated in LA, and I'm like yeah, no frickin way is this remotely viable. Ended up picking it back up probably out of boredom...accepted the far ass fetched nature of it all & just watched to see Jack Bauer kick some ass :p

Last edited by a moderator:
RG, you should check out Homeland, think it was on showtime last year. It was really good - far more believable of a series than 24.

We used to take a drink every time Jack Bauer screamed "NOW!"

I honestly don't know how I made it to work the next day after a 24 episode.

Back