2014 Corvette

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Capt Worley PE

Run silent, run deep
Reaction score
7 speed manual....Stingray emblem...

/>http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/revealed-2014-chevrolet-corvette-stingray-115678/

I think I like the C6 better.

I think I like the C6 better.
Agreed.

Although, I think if I ever get a Corvette, it will be something between '65 and '67. All I see in the newer ones is a lot of hi-tech gizmos that will be expensive as hell when they go tango uniform.

Not a fan of the rear end. Grill is meh, and I do not like the headlights at all. Other than that, interesting change and ca.r

IMHO the design fits the current trends, but as an old guy, it'll take me a while to warm up to it.

That said, it will certianly turn heads when it hits the streets.

I don't like the tail lights at all. Rear glass looks like a Chrysler Crossfire.

Looks kinda Italian, too.

Could Chevy be going after a younger crowd with less nostalgia for the classic Corvette design details with this one?

I don't like the tail lights at all. Rear glass looks like a Chrysler Crossfire.

Looks kinda Italian, too.

Could Chevy be going after a younger crowd with less nostalgia for the classic Corvette design details with this one?
IMHO, each redesign of the Corvette is a new car without necessarily carrying over any classic design details. It appears that the Corvette designers (epecially since the C5) like to keep pace with the typical design trends of the times. (i.e. most "supercars")

Interesting marketing strategy if they are. Does that demographic have the money to buy a new 'Vette?
My guess would be no.

I'd be interested to see how this measures up on the track with the Z-06 or ZR1 models (my two favs).

Interesting marketing strategy if they are. Does that demographic have the money to buy a new 'Vette?
"younger" is a relative term. The demographic is the same that would be attracted to a porsche, or mercedes SL. Based on the number of choices available for someone looking to spend north of $60k on a sports car, there seems to be a fair amount of prospective buyers out there.

I like it better than the C6. It does look Italian because it needs to. When Ferrari came out with the new models, they were absolutely crushing the C6R's on the race track. No way to catch up with significant chassis improvements.

"The steering was loose, and ..uh...the brakes didn't work good anyway."

I like the color.

My son is going to talk me to death when he sees this. I can use that as a motivation for him to go after his Masters now( he is about to finish a BS in Health Sciences, which will be good for nothing right now).

I really like what they are doing on the body around the fenders and to a degree the hood. The grill looks like azz. But aero probably had a majority of the design there anyway.

Overall it is a hot car. And yes I think the looks are marketed to folks that can't actually buy the car, but that is some of the strategy of even having a Corvette in the first place, its about excitement, not actual financials.

Back