2001 CBC or 2007 CBC for the April 08 Exam?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brwone

Reaction score
I know there has been a lot of buzz about the upcoming April 08 Seismic Principles exam being based on the 2007 CBC/2006 IBC--this is clearly stated on the California Board of Professiona Engineers' website. But I just got my "Examinee Instructions" (blue pages) along with my admissions notice today in the mail and it says on page 6 that the "2001 California Building Code (2001 CBC) apples to any code-related question."

And I did all that work cramming to learn the "new" code.

Did anyone else notice this? I am hoping that this is some sort of error.

I know there has been a lot of buzz about the upcoming April 08 Seismic Principles exam being based on the 2007 CBC/2006 IBC--this is clearly stated on the California Board of Professiona Engineers' website. But I just got my "Examinee Instructions" (blue pages) along with my admissions notice today in the mail and it says on page 6 that the "2001 California Building Code (2001 CBC) apples to any code-related question."
And I did all that work cramming to learn the "new" code.

Did anyone else notice this? I am hoping that this is some sort of error.

I saw it...I'm hoping it's not an error! I hate the new code. 2001 CBC is 10 times simpler. Anyone else know if this is correct or not?

Hello,

I freaked out when I saw that too, but I just called the board and they confirmed that it was a typo. The eam will based on IBC or 2007CBC.

Good luck!

I saw it...I'm hoping it's not an error! I hate the new code. 2001 CBC is 10 times simpler. Anyone else know if this is correct or not?
I have not worked a lot with the new code, and there is a lot of reference materials on the old code (sample problems, sample exams, etc.), but I would feel cheated out of valuable study time if they tested us on the 2001 CBC. I have spent (wasted?) a lot of time trying to fumble my way through the new IBC and ASCE 7.

It's an error, I checked online where they have pdf psted with the same material and that part has been crossed off. The exam is on the NEW code(s).

Back