20 year HS Reunion this weekend

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
actually its our 21st Reunion, but no one wanted to plan it last year..
We skipped the 10 year, but I always thought the 20 year reunion would be worth going to..

Will all the jocks be fat and bald?

Will all the Band Nerds be internet millionaires??

Cant wait to find out to be honest!

I'm renting a chrysler lebarron convertable and telling everyone that I invented post it notes ;)
Nah, claim to have invented the Tension Sheet.

As for reunions, I'd love to see some of the people I went to HS with. I've reconnected with some of them, but I've always been bad at names and can't remember half of them well enough to find on FB. Plus some of them went to a school that closed, and finding it is very hard - 20 students at maximum, so it barely makes a blip on Google. And one of those students used a nickname because he hated he real name.

Just went to my 25th and it was pretty cool. Never got the invite to the tenth but did go to the 20th and got caught up with both the cool and the notoriously uncool.

The good news is that the chicks that stayed hot or got hot after high school show up, obviously to show you that they are hot.

The hot chicks that did not stay hot, do not show up, which is unfortunate because I would have enjoyed mocking them for rejecting my nerdself when they had the chance.

What's nice is when the normal people show up and you get to say hi. That's about it. Plus the open bar.

My graduating class was a grand total of 4. One is now the principal of our church school, one a local sheriff deputy and the other married a preacher and moved to Montana this month. I'm related to most of the 8 in the graduating class behind me. We've been out for 13 years now and pretty much still see each other weekly, so no need for reunions. All of us 'cept for the deputy have had our heads screwed on right. He got messed up for a few years but I think hes on the up and up now.

My high school 20-year is this month. It's being held at the local country club, but not in the banquet hall... in the indoor/outdoor bar area.
For the 10-year, I was living 1200 miles away and did not attend.

So what's the deal with attire?

Do I wear a suit?

I was thinking suit but not a dark color.

No one at my twentieth wore a suit...if it's in the indoor/outdoor bar area, I would say no suit...you could bring a sports coat just in case though...

No suit ^^^^ unless, you go for the all white, pastel shirt, no socks Don Johnson thing.

That would rock.

Last edited by a moderator:
we had about 250 in our class, Im actually looking forward to it, Most of the people I was really friends with in HS are not on facebook, maybe 2 or 3 I have seen since graduating. I was still in the army reserves for the 10th reunion (and had the 2 week drill) so I missed it but heard the same clics basically hung out together..

a friend of mine came home from iraq last summer and we had a mini reunion for him, it was probably more fun than the reunion will be, about a dozen of us..

I was never one of those people that was "I am too cool to go to a reunion" so I think it will be fun, mainly for people watching...

I think it'd be cool to have a swim team reunion. I enjoyed the folks I worked and played with at the pool.
We never have had an age group swim team reunion, USAA or summer league. However, the college swim team reunions are gaining momentum. Last year was our first and included a meet between the current team and alumni. I had a blast and was faster than I had expected. I was also surprised to see how many had lost the athletic look. I was 20 lbs heavier last year, but didn't look nearly as bad as others who had let themselves go. Some of the ladies, on the other hand, had lost weight and got attractive. Some were still skanky, but this time they were at least attractive.

10 year reunion was so-so. Most people still had the same attitudes they did in high school.

20 year reunion was much better - most everyone got over themselves and actually made fun of themselves for how they acted in high school.

I was very popular at the 20th - in high school I was in a "group", but had friend in a lot of different groups. So at the 20th, the jocks were asking me who was who and so were the nerds, the stoners and the band geeks.

Missed the 30th, but looking forward to the 35th.......

My graduating class was a grand total of 4. One is now the principal of our church school, one a local sheriff deputy and the other married a preacher and moved to Montana this month. I'm related to most of the 8 in the graduating class behind me. We've been out for 13 years now and pretty much still see each other weekly, so no need for reunions. All of us 'cept for the deputy have had our heads screwed on right. He got messed up for a few years but I think hes on the up and up now.
Had I stayed in the school that had 20 students total, I would have been part of a graduating class of 5 from the religious private school. Of those, I know where one is - he's a tech at the local school district.

Funny there's so many here with small classes.

I graduated with 8.

We just had our 20th reunion the week of July 4th (the Sat before). Got together, drank some beers, it lasted a grand total of about 3 hours.

Kind of like Fraz said - if I want to see these guys, I'll just have to go home and can look most of them up in about 5 minutes. One of my classmates is now the principle of the school.

People have changed, most have gained a lot of weight. Everyone but 2 have kids and the one's that don't haven't gotten married and probably never will.

Missed the 30th, but looking forward to the 35th.......
I'm looking forward to being 35 in 3 and a half years, y'old codger.

My 10 year college will be next year. My old department does an alumni dinner every year, including a roast of some distinguised graduate. I'm much more interested in attending that than a general class of 02 confab.

A HS friend that I reconnected with a few years ago convinced me to go to our 10 year reunion. They handed out name tags with your senior portrait on them. There were prizes at the end of the reunion, and I got most changed. I actually lost weight, shaved my head, lost the glasses, and grew about a foot since my senior year. I do still see a lot of my classmates around town. They are usually serving me food at the local eateries.
There was a guy at our reunion that lost weight, lost the really thick glasses, shaved his head and also grew a foot. We spent all night going, "Can you believe that's Micah?!" I think every girl posed for a picture with him.

I think I'd want to get a picture with someone who has three feet, too.

Funny you should mention it...our senior class president was elected almost exclusively on the fact that he had three testicles. We all ended up asking his girlfriend during the reunion and she let us know that he had two, just one was permanently swollen.

Funny you should mention it...our senior class president was elected almost exclusively on the fact that he had three testicles. We all ended up asking his girlfriend during the reunion and she let us know that he had two, just one was permanently swollen.
Male or female, you got to have balls to lead.

Major Highway said:
A facebook friend from high school, who is my age, just posted about how her two teenagers are having problems and need to figure them out for themselves, the teenage son is doing pretty well with that, but the teenage daughter needs to grow up, she has a baby to raise. Wow, I think this is the first grandmother that I've known of from my high school class. I mean, really, who is a grandparent at age 34? Answer, people from my hometown.
and by 50 she could be a great-grandma if history repeats it self. Scary thought.

Wow, I think this is the first grandmother that I've known of from my high school class. I mean, really, who is a grandparent at age 34?
You've never lived in Windsor, VT, have you?

Reminds me of The Shipping News when Kevin Spacey's character learns his grandfather had died at age 13.

Back