Illinois results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stchascivil

Reaction score
Illinois results are on Continental Testings website. I made it!! Civil/Construction depth. Graduated college 10 years ago and haven't done any "design/engineering" work since then so I'm very very glad I made it!

Illinois results are on Continental Testings website. I made it!! Civil/Construction depth. Graduated college 10 years ago and haven't done any "design/engineering" work since then so I'm very very glad I made it!
cong! particularly you did not do any engineering work. you should applaud for uself.

Congrats!!! CTS's online is faster than the licensing board this year...probably because it is a Friday and a lot of state employees are on flex time.

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to you!

I just checked the site and did not pass. It is my first time taking the exam and the pass rate for the repeat test takers is not encouraging... it's 21%. Frack.

Any pointers on studying? I think I'm going to sign up for a review class but finding an Environmental Engineering review class is nearly impossible in the Chicagoland area.

Good job to the IL PEs!

And I love the BSG reference, too!

And don't get discouraged if you did not happen to make the magical number this time... it will happen!! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
You and I could be twins. Its been 10 years since I graduated from good old U of I. Worked in construction managment for 10 years and this was my first attempt at the test. I passed. Civil/Construction

Congrats

Spydergt1

I guess Im almost in the same boat, graduated in 97, so that makes it 11, and yes I finally passed my test. Its time to change my business cards

I called Continental Testing yesterday with a question, just got a call back this morning, and apparently they still haven't received the SE 1 results yet, so obviously there's nothing to post or mail out yet with this particular test.

The wait is so difficult...

Did anyone in IL get one of these letters from CTS? Taken from board meeting minutes, names have been changed to protect the innocent

[SIZE=10pt]Mr. Ed informed the Board that due to an
[/SIZE]

error at CTS, the wrong information had been
posted regarding the price of the exams. Once
found, CTS sent out a letter to all those who had
signed up for the exam stating that they would
have to submit more money (the exact amount
dependent upon which exam or exams for which
the applicant had signed up). The additional
monies were not required in order for the applicant
to sit for the exam, but the scores would not be
issued until the additional fee was submitted. Mr.
Ed requested that should the Board receive any
emails or phone calls regarding this issue, they
should tell them to call the Department or send the
email on to him for reply. The Board discussed
this issue. The consensus of the Board was that
this was a serious issue.

The SE results are in on the Continental Testing website! I passed both the SE I and SE II the first time :multiplespotting:

snickerd, I received the letter in the mail from CTS asking for more money. I'm confused on the "serious issue" in your quote. Was the request for more money valid or are they questioning the fact that they are asking for more money???

The SE results are in on the Continental Testing website! I passed both the SE I and SE II the first time :multiplespotting:

snickerd, I received the letter in the mail from CTS asking for more money. I'm confused on the "serious issue" in your quote. Was the request for more money valid or are they questioning the fact that they are asking for more money???
Congrats!!!

I have no idea, that is how vague the minutes always are. I'd assume it was the fact that they were requesting more $. As the State has no role in how much CTS charges to take the test, they just get the $100 application fee.

Did you end up paying more $?

The board didn't used to post Board mtg minutes on the website. I asked about them a while back and shortly thereafter they started posting them.

Thanks! Yeah I ended up paying the extra $160 or whatever amount it ended up being. It stated that grades wouldn't be released until payment was received, so I tried to minimize the eternity long wait for test results by paying the fee. I really question the legality of them asking for more money, since the approvals to take the exam had already been received by the engineers. I'm no lawyer though ;)

Thanks! Yeah I ended up paying the extra $160 or whatever amount it ended up being. It stated that grades wouldn't be released until payment was received, so I tried to minimize the eternity long wait for test results by paying the fee. I really question the legality of them asking for more money, since the approvals to take the exam had already been received by the engineers. I'm no lawyer though ;)
An additional $160 :blink: . How much did they charge you to begin with? I paid $233 for the PE test in 2006.

Congratulations buening!

Yeah, I paid about $120 additional too... whatever the price is, it's menial compared to the benefits.

buening passed the SE1&2 first try and has achieved rockstar status now!

I think the SE I and II exams ended up being just shy of $1000. Just 3 or 4 years ago they were about $400 for both! I tend to wonder when they will jack up the renewal license fees.

Thanks Shaker! I think luck must have been on my side those two days. I walked away thinking I'd be taking them again, but then again perfection apparently wasn't needed on the SE II exam.

Came in the mail today!! Passed the Illinois SE1!! :bananalama:

Today is a great day :multiplespotting:

Back