AL PE Numbers?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FairhopeEE

Reaction score
OK, I received my :) letter from the AL Board on December 23 and sent in the remaining fee and a copy of the letter as requested. The check has cleared but I noticed this past Friday that I am still listed as an EI when I do a license search on the web site. Anyone know about how long it takes to get the license number, etc back? Do I have to wait until I receive them to change, say, my business cards and email signature?

OK, I received my :) letter from the AL Board on December 23 and sent in the remaining fee and a copy of the letter as requested. The check has cleared but I noticed this past Friday that I am still listed as an EI when I do a license search on the web site. Anyone know about how long it takes to get the license number, etc back? Do I have to wait until I receive them to change, say, my business cards and email signature?
I was told one to two weeks. I called the other day and the voicemail said that the numbers will be mailed out the end of this week or the first of next week. I noticed that my name is not even listed on the website anymore, not sure what thats all about. Ive gotten new business cards already but I havent given any out, and I havent changed my email signature. Dont want to give anyone a chance to report me.

I was told one to two weeks. I called the other day and the voicemail said that the numbers will be mailed out the end of this week or the first of next week. I noticed that my name is not even listed on the website anymore, not sure what thats all about. Ive gotten new business cards already but I havent given any out, and I havent changed my email signature. Dont want to give anyone a chance to report me.
Thanks. I did check the FAQ on the site, it said about two weeks. Guess I'm nervous because I keep having this dream that I get another letter saying the first one was a mistake!

How's that for paranonia?

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, my name is not there anymore either. sounds like we will get the numbers some time this week.

Yea I haven't received mine yet! I'm not in the database at all nor have they cleared the check either!

This is the reply from a phone call ttoday to the Alabama Engineer and Land Surveyor Board:

They have not issued PE numbers…probably will be later on in the week.

I dont know what is worse, having to wait as long as states like CA to get your results or being one of the first states to get your results but take weeks to get a PE #.

:mail-296: :eek:ld-025:

Got home, and guess what was waiting for me??? My wall certificate!!! Headed out tomorrow to buy a frame to put it in :)

Got home, and guess what was waiting for me??? My wall certificate!!! Headed out tomorrow to buy a frame to put it in :)
Got mine. Sweet!

All this has posed somewhat of a dilemma for me. May sound hard to believe, but I am the only degreed EE at my location even though I work at an electric utility (there are three at the main office, one a PE). My PE boss is actually an ME (a very bright guy and a great boss as well) but the rest of the guys around the office are techs. I already sense more than a little jealousy and resentment from them, and this PE business hasn't helped. I am almost scared to hang up the wall certificate

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, don't sweat it. You earned the right to hang the certificate on the wall. If they are jealous, then that is there problem, not yours.

How did the electrical work come out for the cafe? I cannot wait to get in there once its open. After spending 20+ years in that house, gonna be exciting to see it as something else.

How did the electrical work come out for the cafe? I cannot wait to get in there once its open. After spending 20+ years in that house, gonna be exciting to see it as something else.
Simple job, just had to get three-phase to them. They called me everyday asking when the construction crew would get to it; we installed it over a month ago and it still looks like they are nowhere near ready to open. I'm not crazy about the name they picked for the place, but we just need them to open soon so they can start that meter turning!

I was curious so stopped by to chat with them today. They have been working harder than I thought; they say they will open for lunch Tuesday.

Back